Scene 2 Barry Allen

I had gotten lonely and decided I was going to call Oliver. The phone rang about four times before someone picked up. Sadly it wasn’t Ollie, it was Felicity. She answered from the bunker.

“Hey Barry.” she spoke in a chipper voice. “Oliver and the team are out right now on a mission but as soon as they get back I’ll make sure Oliver calls you” She was looking at a computer behind the phone she was holding. “No worried Felicity, just remind Oliver that we have a date later on, okay?” “Okay, bye Barry” The call ended and I put my phone down. I got up, took a shower, and got ready for my date with Oliver tonight. It has been a week since I have seen him and I am so excited to get to see his handsome face later on today. 

    I walked into Gitter’s and looked around, Oliver wasn’t here yet so I ordered a hot chocolate and sat down. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through the news just to make sure there wasn’t anything going on in Star city that would be holding Oliver up there and that might be why he is late. Nothing came up involving the green arrow or Oliver for the past twenty four hours so I decided I would text him. 

Barry: Hey, where are you? I’m at Gitter’s waiting for you.

Oliver: YEah, sorry, bus to central city just got here, I will be over there in five minutes. 

I turned off my phone knowing this wasn’t his fault, I do think he forgot at first though because he had asked where to meet, I told him to meet me here at Gitter’s two days ago. 

    Someone came in the back door and hugged me from behind. I leaned my head back to see that Oliver had me tightly in his grasp. I smiled gently and kissed him softly and teasingly. He sat down across the table from me and ordered his drink. Not long after Felicity and Iris walked in, Oliver was pulled aside by Felicity, I watched the two of them walk outside the coffee shop and talk, although I couldn’t hear them I could tell this wasn’t something super pleasant, Felicity was talking fast, she had her arms crossed, and at the end before Oliver started speaking she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose. 

    When Oliver and Felicity walked back into the building Oliver informed me on what Felicity spoke to him about. He told me that someone tipped off the police that he is the green arrow and as he spoke I grew more and more worried. Thoughts begane racing through my head rapidly. What if he got arrested? Wouldn’t Laurel and captain Lance protect him? I worry so much about him, I can’t have Oliver go to jail or even worse, they could charge him with murder and that means he could possibly get the death penalty or at least a life sentence. Oliver got up from his seat and asked me if I would walk to the bus stop with him. I love being with Ollie but the fact that he is such a public figure AND he isn’t out to the public yet feels strange. We can’t hold hands much in public, we very rarely get to kiss. 

    We stopped at the bus stop and the bus was a few minutes late as per usual,no one was around so I went to kiss Oliver goodbye and he did something out of the ordinary. He snaked one arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, pressing his lips against mine so gently and slightly sticking out his tongue so I could feel it against my lips but it wasn’t in my mouth. I knew Oliver was teasing me, I knew that this was his way of showing extra affection since he saw how worried I got earlier. 

    After our date, I got paranoid that something would happen to Oliver so even if the slightest thing happened or changed I would run over to Star city to check on him. Most times I was confronted by Felicity who told me everything was fine and that the team was just out handling some form of crook and that the police haven’t caught Oliver with any evidence linking him to the green arrow yet nor will they. She would assure me of that. Other times Oliver would put his hands on my shoulders and tell me to slow down and breathe, he said he had a plan but he needs me to stay in Central city for a while so no one got suspicious of me. He kissed my forehead and I ran back home. I kept telling myself that everything would be okay.