Chapter 15

"TONI! TONI WAKE UP." Cheryl screamed.

"Hmm." Toni was falling in and out of consciousness.

Once she opened her eyes again, all of a sudden, she was on Cheryl's lap, in a random car.

"Come on stay awake." Cheryl shook her lightly. Very, very lightly. "Were almost there."

"How bad was she when you found her?" Betty asked.

"B-Blood. Everywhere. She w-was laying on her s-stomach. There w-was a p-paddle by her."

"A paddle?" Veronica asked.

"Her step d-dad uses it to b-beat her."

"Oh my god."

"Toni, it's me baby, Cheryl. P-Please stay awake."

"I-" Toni couldn't really think straight. "Hurt."

"I know it hurts baby. Were almost there."

Meanwhile...

"Do you think I went to hard?" Jeremy was shaken up about the whole thing. "W-Would if I k-killed her. I r-really c-care about her."

"Who cares if you killed her. That's the point ass hat. I hope you didn't go soft. You shouldn't of gotten attached." Someone said. "Now, Cheryl can be with her, and if you actually did your job, the empire will fall. Branden will pay."

"I already killed her parents, can't I be happy with my family... Branden's family."

"They were never your family. All you had to do was ruin the Topaz empire. Did you do it? No, because your a coward."

BANG!

All of sudden, Jeremy falls to the ground, bullet in his head. You might not of known this about him, but the only reason he kept on beating Toni, and hurting her was to protect her. Protect her family. Their business. He didn't want the Topaz empire to fall. So he stalled on his job, for nearly 14 years.

The person in the room was Malcom, Merrel. A mafia boss, and gang leader in greendale. Father of Heather Merrel, but were not there yet...

At the hospital...

"Mrs. Topaz, how fast can you get to Riverdale General?" Cheryl mumbled.

"Why what's wrong?" Violet was on a plan to China, for 'business.'

"It's Toni. Jeremy almost killed her."

"I'm on plane! How did this happen?"

"Jeremy has been hurting Toni for basically the whole time you two were married. Toni was to scared to tell you, so she made excuses."

"Oh my god. I'm a terrible mother for not realizing. Can you keep me updated?"

"Yeah. And your not a terrible mother. From what I heard, your pretty great compared to mine." Cheryl hung up, than the doctor came in.

"Family for Topaz." The doctor looked around.

"Here," Cheryl called, as she moved one of her rings to ring finger. They all walked over to the doctors.

"Relation?" The doctor asked.

"Fiancée." Cheryl held up her hand.

"She was badly bruised. Mostly on her back side, and the back of her legs. She does have a skull fracture, but we won't know if she has brain damage until she wakes up. Some of her ribs are broken, and she had some lacerations on her. She also had a broken back, which would probably heal on it's own with wearing a back brace, but if it doesn't she might need surgery."

"Oh my god." Cheryl ran her hand through her hair. "Can we see her?"

"One person can be in there at a time. She's in a coma like state, so keep it positive. Room 304."

"Great thanks." Cheryl basically ran there. When she saw Toni, she nearly broke down, but she had to stay strong. For her. She sat beside her, and held her hand. Cheryl was mentally beating her self up. She knew it wasn't her fault, but she couldn't stop. How could she let this happen?

Why didn't she call her in the morning like normal?

Why didn't she come sooner when she felt something wrong?

Tears ran down her eyes, as she looked at the beautiful brunette right in front of her. She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve the shitty hand she was dealt. She deserved to be happy. Not worrying about what punishments she's gonna get if she gets home to late. Or if she accidentally lets a little truth spill. Cheryl felt Toni squeeze her hand. Her eyes went wide. "TT, come back to me." She whispered. Toni squeezed her hand once again. "C'mon baby, I know you can do it."

Then, she opened her eyes. She looked around worried, afraid who was there.

"Jeremy's not here anymore. You don't have to worry." Cheryl sighed. "I'll go get the doctor..."

Once she walked back, Dr. Masters walked back in.

"Hello, Toni how are you feeling?" He asked, as he shined a light into her eyes.

"Good." Her voice raspy, because her throat was dry.

"Do you need water?" Cheryl asked.

"Yes.."

The doctor continued his exam, whilst asking her questions.

"We have to do an MRI to rule out any brain damage."

"Okay. Cheryl, can you hand me that..." Toni couldn't find the words. She saw what it was, but couldn't name it.

"What?" Cheryl asked looking in the direction she was pointing in.

"The thing that holds my water."

"The cup?" Cheryl furrowed her eye brows.

The doctor looked a little skeptical too. "Maybe, we should get to the MRI..." He had a suspicion about what it could be, but he never had a patient with it.

The MRI took about 45 minutes. Toni was super exhausted. They got back to the room, and Toni fell asleep pretty quickly.

"Can I talk to you?" Dr. Masters asked. He pulled Cheryl out of the room, and began talking. "We suspect she has Anomic Aphasia. It's basically difficulty in word finding. She could know what the thing is, she just can't verbally say the name. We don't know if this is permanent, or not." Dr. Masters sighed.

"When will you know for sure?"

"Probably in the next 2 days tops. We have to do some verbal, and brain imaging tests to know..."

"O-Okay..." Cheryl walked back into the room, and sat in the armchair.