Chapter 53

Toni held Indigo, as she walked into the house. Today definitely didn't go as planned. She was supposed to have a fun day with her daughter, but no. Something had to ruin it. Toni really didn't know what to do when Indigo was having a panic attack, and Cheryl wasn't home yet. Toni sat her down on the couch. "Hey, your gonna be okay, okay?" She soothed quietly. "Take deep breaths."

Eventually the panic attack passed, and the girl calmed down. Still sniffling every once in a while, but she was okay.

"I'm home!" Cheryl called as she entered the house.

"Momma!" Indigo ran and hugged her.

"Hey baby. Did you have fun with Mommy?" Cheryl giggled a bit.

"Yeah. I got some toys and stuff."

"That's good." Cheryl smiled a bit as she picked the girl up and sat her on the counter.

"Cher, did you ever bring Indigo to one of your big events or something?" Toni asked.

"What? No." Cheryl furrowed her eyebrows. "We hardly ever go out. Let alone to big events."

"Well, apparently paparazzi knew who she was, and she had a panic attack."

"Shi-Really?" Cheryl looked at her daughter.

xxx

A few days have passed, and Indigo has warmed up to Toni. Toni was super happy. She was back with her family, and they were all happy.

"Mommy stop!" Indigo giggled as Toni tickled her.

Toni stopped. "Did you just call me mommy?"

"Yeah..." Indigo said quietly.

Toni tickled her again. "Yes!"

Indigo laughed harder. Cheryl came in to tell them something, but stopped to watch them. It was cute. She walked out and went back to the door. "Toni's not available right now." Cheryl fake smiled.

"Cheryl come on. Let a mother see their daughter." Violet Topaz pleaded.

"Like I said, she's busy."

"Momma! Mommy told me to ask if we could get icecream!" Indigo yelled.

"Why did you say I asked!" They heard Toni laugh.

"Is that my grand child?" The older women asked.

"Maybe, but you certainly-"

"Mom?!" Toni walked down the stairs, but froze when she saw her mother. She thought she was dead.

"Toni!" Violet pushed passed Cheryl to hug her daughter. "Oh how I've missed you."

"I thought the ghoulies killed you?"

"They spared me. Anyways, where is this grandchild I hear of."

"Uh-uh. She does not like meeting new people." Cheryl cut in. "She doesn't need that much change right now."

"I'm not new, I'm her grandma, and secondly, she's just shy."

"You don't know my daughter, and yes you are new because she's never met you before."

"It's Toni's dau-" Violet got cut off.

"Mom stop." Toni stepped in. "Cheryl's right. We're taking Indi to the psychiatrist in a week or something. She's much more than shy."

"It's probably because this weirdo raised her." Violet smirked.

"Excuse you." Cheryl scoffed. "If it weren't for you, Toni would of never had to leave. Now, Toni you can catch up with your mother, while I go play with Indigo."

Toni sighed, and moved to sit on the couch with her mother. "Why are you here? And how did you get here?"

Violet stopped to think about her next words. "Well...I came because I heard I had a grandchild, and I got her by train. I was in Vermont."

The Topaz women ended talking for a few hours, just catching up on everything, and eventually it was dinner time.

Violet was getting on Cheryl's nerves. She keeps on asking Indigo things, even though they already told her Indigo doesn't like to talk.

"So, Indigo." Violet looks over to the young girl. Indigo looks at Cheryl and Toni before looking down. Eye contact was definitely not one of her strong suits. "What do you do for fun?"

"iliketoplayanimalcrossing." She rushed out quietly. You could hardly hear her.

"What?"

"She said she likes to play Animal Crossing." Toni said. "Its a game..."

"Cool. Does she do any sports or anything?"

"We tried..." Cheryl let out a light laugh. Cheryl looked over at Indigo and she was clearly uncomfortable so she changed the subject. "Anyways, what have you been up to?"

"Oh y'know stuff." Violet sighed. "I heard you placed second in the Starpower Dance comp for your solo."

Toni furrowed her eyebrows. Cheryl didn't tell her about that.

"Yeah...I uh actually broke me ankle in the middle of the dance, so if I didn't do that then maybe I would of placed first." Cheryl sighed. "But there's nothing I can do about it now."

"Wait when was this?" Toni asked.

"Like two or three years ago." The redhead shrugged.

"Was Indigo there?"

"Yeah, she and Veronica both came, but they stayed in the hotel and watched on tv."

"Where does Indigo go to school?" Violet asked after a few moments of silence.

"At home." Toni and Cheryl said in unison.

"Why doesn't she go? Talking to other kids might be good for her."

"We tried." Cheryl rolled her eyes. She was tired of explaining this to everyone.

"Toni was the same. Shy, and didn't like to talk, but I made her go."

"Look, you raised your daughter how you wanted, now we can raise our's how we want." Cheryl looked up at her.