Chapter 35

Senior Year...

Senior year was great. Toni finally got emancipated, has a mansion, millions of dollars, and a whole business at 18. Cheryl was doing good in school, kept her grades up, and hasn't done anything dumb like getting into fights, or skipping school because she didn't want to go. Their relationship was still going strong as well. They had a few fights over the year, but they managed to over come it. Right now it was Saturday night, and all the girls were in Cheryl's room. Jason was in his with his boyfriend.

"Are you guys excited for graduation?" Betty asked.

"No...That means TT leaves for college sooner." Cheryl sighed.

"Yeah, Lauren wanted me to apply to the college she's going to, but I don't know if I want to." Veronica said. Lauren was Veronica's girlfriend. They met at the wyrm. Her and Sweet Pea fizzled out towards the end of junior year.

"Highsmith isn't that far from here..." Toni stated. "I'd still see you."

"Still." Cheryl whined. "It wont be the same."

"Jughead's going some where with his football scholarship. He wants to go somewhere for his writing." Betty sighed. "I'm going to Berkeley for my psychology degree."

"We get it Nancy Drew." Veronica laughed.

"I might go to Riverdale community with Jason but I don't know if I want to."

"CHERYL!" Jaime called.

Cheryl's eyes went wide. "I'll be right back guys." She ran out of the room.

"Wonder what's that about?" Veronica said.

"Cheryl, why didn't you tell us you applied to Skidmore College?!" Jaime demanded.

"I did that as a joke..." Cheryl laughed nervously.

"Well...." Jaime paused and smiled. Cheryl scrunched up her face in confusion. "You got in!"

Cheryl stopped. "W-What?" She felt tears coming to eyes.

"I'm so proud of you!" Jaime pulled her into a hug. "But, seriously why did you apply?"

"They have a good dance school..." Cheryl said quietly. "I didn't think they would accept me." She felt tears falling out of her eyes, but she couldn't help it. She was shocked. "I'm gonna go now..."

"Wait! Do you want me to tell anyone?" She asked. She knew Cheryl liked to keep her big milestones a secret. She didn't know why.

Cheryl shook her head no, and walked back into the room. She was happy, but she'd be farther away from, Toni now. Even though it's like 45 minutes away. Once, she got into the room, everyone looked at her.

"What was that about, babe?" Toni asked.

"I, uh...have to tell you guys something....but you can't tell anyone." Cheryl looked at everyone. They all nodded their heads for her to continue. "So, Betty, Veronica. Remember when we did that stupid thing, and applied to like good colleges as a joke...like the good colleges we wanted to go to but knew they wouldn't accept us..."

"Yeah." Betty laughed.

"Why?" Veronica asked.

Toni just sat there confused.

"Well...funny thing is..." Cheryl laughed nervously. "I got into Skidmore..." She said quietly.

They all sat there in shock.

"What!?" Betty, and Veronica said at the same time. Veronica got up, and hugged her best friend.

"Cher, that's amazing!" Toni squealed.