Chapter 52

"M-Momma." Indigo whispered. She had awoken from her slumber from a nightmare, and was crying. She forgot Toni was there to so when Toni moved in the bed it made her scream.

Cheryl and Toni both jumped awake.

"Babes what's wrong?" Cheryl yawned picking up the crying girl.

"I-I don-don't kn-know." Indigo cried. She did, but she was just uncomfortable. She knew Toni was her mom too, but she just wasn't comfortable around her yet.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Toni asked.

Indigo nodded still crying.

"It's okay, it's not real." Cheryl rubbed her back.

When Indigo was about to fall asleep again, Cheryl laid the her down in between her and Toni. Eventually all three of them were asleep again.

When morning came, Indigo woke up snuggled next to Toni. She looked around for Cheryl, furrowing her eyebrows when she didn't see her. She could of sworn she was right next to her when she fell asleep. "Momma?" She called out.

No answer.

The young girl got up to look around the house. Cheryl was nowhere. Not downstairs, not in the garage, and not in the bathroom.

"Toni." Indigo shook the brunette. "Momma's gone."

Toni groaned sleepily before opening her eyes. "Hmm?"

"Momma's gone."

Toni looked around and found a note on the nightstand.

I went to get breakfast at this new restaurant down the street.

Love, Cheryl

"She went to get breakfast." Toni yawned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Indigo walked out of the room and went to her own to change.

Toni was excited for today. She was hoping to get closer with her daughter, and to have some fun with her today.

"I'm home!" Cheryl called from the bottom of the staircase.

"Momma." Indigo pouted. "I wanted to come."

"You were asleep babes." Cheryl kissed her forehead.

"Still." The girl crossed her arms.

"Well today you can go anywhere you want with Mommy so be happy." Cheryl giggled a bit.

"Where are you going to be?"

"I'm gonna go catch up with Aunty Veronica, and then talk to Berry for a little while, and then go to the studio."

"Can you bring me some cake if she still has it?"

"Yeah, I will."

"Smells good. What'd you get?" Toni asked walking down the stairs.

"Pancakes, bacon, eggs, other stuff I can't remember." Cheryl shrugged looking into the bag.

xxx

Cheryl hasn't been around the public eye in a long time. Being a professional dancer obviously comes with that kinda stuff. The last time she was seen, on social media, or the news, was a year ago. She took Indigo out for ice cream, and the paparazzi showed up. Cheryl had to go online and address who Indigo was to the public. Explaining that she didn't want her daughter involved with that stuff at such a young age. Then, she kinda laid low for a while, only going out by herself, hiding in hoodies, and shades. Since Indigo hasn't been out, she thought the media was done with her, not posting their assumptions about her anymore, so she didn't think anything of it when she let Toni take her around town.

"Momma where are you going again?" Indigo asked as she watched her mother put on makeup.

"I'm gonna go to Aunty V's and Aunty Lauren's, then going to talk to Berry, then go to the studio." Cheryl looked at the girl through the mirror. "And your gonna have fun with mommy." She turned around and booped the girl's nose making her giggle.

"Why can't Toni come with us, and we all go?"

"Because, love. You need to spend time with her."

"Ready to go Indi?" Toni called as she walked into the room.

"I guess." Indigo murmured.

"Bye Indigo." Cheryl kissed her forehead, then walked to Toni. "Bye babe." She pecked Toni's lips.

"Bye." Indigo sighed.

"Bye." Toni smiled. She held out her hand for Indigo to take, which she did cautiously.

"Take care of my baby!" Cheryl called as the walked down the stairs.

"I will!" Toni huffed as she giggled a bit.

Once they were in the car, Toni began to drive to the mall. "Any places you wanna go?"

"Not really." The girl mumbled. "Maybe Starbucks though."

Toni giggled. "You drink Starbucks?"

"Yeah, I need my vanilla bean Frappuccino with strawberry syrup, and extra whip cream." The young girl said as if it were obvious.

Toni shook her head with a laugh, and continued driving.

They got to the mall, and went to a few places before-

"Is that Cheryl Blossom's daughter?!" Many people swarmed the Topaz girls.

"OMG! Are you her nanny?!"

"We haven't seen her in so long!"

Indigo started hyperventilating. They were so many people around them. Toni looked around, and they were crowding them. She looked down at Indigo and picked her up.

"Leave us alone, please. You are scaring my daughter, and we would appreciate it." The brunette snapped and pushed passed them. Indigo was crying now. "It's okay baby, were going home."