48

Ivy

"What's this one?" I point to the drawing of a diamond tattooed on the side of his wrist.

"That one doesn't have any meaning," Isaac tells me. "I just got it because it was cheap."

"What about this one?" I point to a large circle a little higher up on his arm. It's bigger than most of his other ones, and also darker. The circle is coloured in black and grey, forming an image within the shades, but I can't make out what it is.

"That's the cover of one of my favourite albums—Time and Space by Turnstile."

"Isn't that your favourite band, too?"

"Nah, that's Turnover."

"Turnstile... Turnover... that's far too similar."

"Yeah, it's weird," he chuckles. "But they make completely different music."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, Turnstile is a hardcore band. Their music is heavy and loud and thrashing. You would hate it," he laughs. "But Turnover is a lot slower and kind of soothing. You might actually like them."

"I'd like to check them out," I nod. "Can I borrow your records?"

"Of course," he smiles. "Or... you can come over and we can listen together."

"At your place?"

"Or yours," he shrugs. "Whatever you prefer."

"Maybe," I hesitate. I'm not sure how I feel about being one-on-one with him a secluded place. Usually, I wouldn't do that. Just the thought would be enough to freak me out.

But this is Isaac. I'm safe with him.

It might be kind of cute, too. We can order some food and cozy up on the couch. Well, I don't know if I'm ready to get cozy with him, but we can just hang out, relax, and enjoy each other's company.

"No pressure, though," Isaac tells me. "I just want to spend as much time with you as I can."

I look away from him, trying to hide the giddy smile pulling at my lips. He flatters me.

"You're so sweet to me," I grin. "I'd like to listen with you."

"You don't have to. I want you to be comfortable."

"I want to try it. I'm always more capable of things than I initially expect."

"You are," he reaches out to me, intertwining our fingers on the table. "We've even kissed."

"Oh, god, don't remind me," I shake my head. "I was so awkward. I don't even know what I was doing."

"I was just glad you wanted to kiss me in the first place," he chuckles. "I would've initiated it if I knew it's what you wanted."

"I didn't know until a few seconds beforehand. I didn't even know if I was ready. I just wanted to do it."

"And was it what you expected?"

"I don't know. It was weird. It was a good kiss, but I was just so nervous."

"Do you want to try again?" he inches forward, a teasing smirk on his face.

"Maybe," I smile. "But not right now—not here."

I quickly scan the area. There are people all over the place. We're at a café in the middle of campus. We're sitting at a table in the corner of the room, but it's still far too public. People are already looking at us. We don't need to draw any more attention to ourselves. Our talking is probably already annoying people. We're meant to be studying, but I haven't made any progress at all. Isaac didn't even bring his textbook.