𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚 • 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

Requested: No

Angst

Au: College Au

Prompt: You fall in love with your friend who also loved you back. Until she started slipping away from you.
· · ──────·本·──────· ·

"Hey, do you remember? When you told me you loved me? Ehe- You liar...".

Y/n's Pov

  I stood their by the foundation waiting someone to show up. Suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around to see my friend Mona. "Hey, you wanted to talk?" She asked as she gave me a small smile. I nodded and took a deep breath. "So um.. I just wanted to say... That I..".  I took another deep breath to calm myself down.

  "I love you, Mona." I said looking at her face for a reaction. She just smiled at me, making me a little confused. "I love you too, Y/n..." She says grabbing me by my hand and pulling me into a warm embrace. I smiled as I returned the hug back. Those were the words she said to me. And I was foolish to believe them. 'Liar....'.

  It's been a couple of months since we got together. Currently, I was sitting in my room finishing my assignment that was due tonight. Just as I finished, my roommate Amber, came into my room. "Hey Y/n, you want to go get some dinner with me?" Amber said jingling her keys. "Sure, I'm starving anyways. Your treating though." I replied grabbing a jacket from closet and slipping it on. Amber was waiting for me at the doorway as put on my shoes and closed the door behind me.

Amber unlocked the doors of her car and we got in. "Where we going to eat?". "There's this new restaurant near campus and I'd thought we'd go and eat there. Does that sound good to you?". I nod and we talk about random stuff until we get there. Once we finally got there, we got out of the car and went inside the restaurant. Who knew that when I stepped foot in that restaurant, I was going to be left with tears and pain.

  I couldn't believe my eyes... She was with someone else..... 'Nono calm down, Y/n... Maybe they're just friends...'. Or so I thought before she pulled them in for a kiss. I walked out pulling Amber out with me. "H-hey! Y/n what are you doing?!?!". "I... I'm not hungry anymore... Let's just go back to the dormitory..." I said to her as I made my way back to the car.

3rd POV

  Amber looked back at the restaurant wondering why Y/n got upset all of a sudden. She immediately saw what got Y/n upset and clenched her fist. She want to go up to her and slap her, but right now Y/n need her help getting through this. She sighed and turned around to her car, where Y/n was already waiting by. When Amber unlocked the doors Y/n was quick to get in. The two sat there in silence until Amber spoke up. "Y/n... Are you okay...?".

  Y/n shook her head and kept quiet. "Hey it's okay-... Just let it all out..." Amber said pulling Y/n into a hug. Y/n finally broke into tears. Loud sobs filled the air as the heartbroken girl let out her pain. "Shhh, there there... It's okay, Y/n...". Amber continued to comfort Y/n as she finished up letting out her tears. "Let's go home, I can get some take out and we can watch a movie back at the apartment.". Y/n nods and smiles as Amber starts the car.

-The next morning-

  "Y/n wake up! You'll be late!" Amber said shaking the girl. "Ehh... 5 more minutes mom..." Y/n said as she shifted around her bed. Amber sighed and then called out again. "Y/n if you don't get up Jean going to get mad at you.". Y/n suddenly shot up and quickly made her way to get ready. Amber waited in her car for the girl to come out. "There you are. Took you long enough.". "You should have woke me up earlier, Amber..." Y/n said trying to get her things together.