11 | Trevor

Part Twelve:
A Little Girlfriend Material

I take it back. Every single negative or offensive thing I'd ever said about Milly Jones. I take it all back. The girl was a legit sweetheart, and it was becoming more and more obvious to me every day that I spent with her.

I don't know why the hell I ever complained about her love for overalls? I mean, she was sporting a baby yellow and white plaid pinfold right now, a skin tight white t-shirt underneath, and to be completely honest, she looked stupid adorable. I rest my chin in the palm of my hand, watching her with half hooded eyes and a barely-there grin as she jumped up and down on her knees, a PlayStation remote in her hands and her eyes glued exclusively to the screen.

Upon seeing Milly in tears this afternoon at practice, it had become my mission to make the girl as happy as possible, and if that meant bringing her to my house and placing her in front of the PS5 with a bowl of Churro Popcorn, then so be it.

The front doorbell rang loudly throughout my family home, alerting me that my expected company had arrived. Milly looked up at me with wide eyes and slightly parted lips, her entire expression showing signs of confusion. My parents weren't home, and weren't due home for at least another three hours, so she knew it couldn't be them. With a mischievous grin and a wink, I turned towards the front door without a word, leaving a very confused girl in my wake.

The moment she had broken down in front of me, I knew what had to be done. I had to call my two favourite besties in the world.

"Cooooolleeeeee?" I spoke, stretching my neck and poking my head out from the other side of the door.

Cole's eyes lit up with enthusiasm. "Trevvvyyyy?"

The taller of the three of us rolled his eyes, not bothering to glance up from his phone. "Hi, Zegras."

"Alex! Hello, my Young Padawan!"

"I'm not that much younger than you," he spoke with a monotonous voice before shoving his way past me and through the door. I turned to watch him as he stalked further down the hallway, trying to warn him of my visitor, but being a fraction of a second too late. Alex froze at the sight of the woman playing video games on my sofa, something he never thought he'd have the absolute pleasure of experiencing. It was an acutal girl. Playing. Video. Games. "Trevor . . . why is there a girl in your living room?"

"What?" I shouted, feigning ignorance. I stormed down the hallway, peering around the corner with mock curiosity. "How the hell did she get in here? That is weird."

With probably the most endearing giggle I'd ever heard from the girl, Milly awkwardly waved at the taller boy beside me, though quickly brought her attention back to the game before her, trying her best not to die.

"What?" Cole questioned. "A girl? Where? Is she pretty? Is she . . . single?"

"Hands to yourself, asshole," Trevor warned, his tone playful but his words anything but. "This one's off limits."

"Aww," Cole whined with an overdramatic pout. "But I'm a single pringle and ready to mingle."

"Don't say that," Alex quipped, walking with his head in his phone to take a seat on the couch, though kept a relatively respectful distance from the brunette.

"Okay!" Milly breathed, relief flooding her voice as she finally placed the PS5 remote on the coffee table, then turned to face myself and the two other boys, her eyes brightening ever so slightly as her gaze fell to the shorter boy by my side. "I'm Milly, by the way!"

"Cole," my long-time friend purred, reaching for her hand and leaning down before her to place a gentle kiss on the tips of her fingers.

I inserted myself in the space between them, my back to Milly as I faced the shorter boy with a frown and my arms crossed over my chest. "Hands off, Casanova."