Promise [MPREG/Mid-Historical]

Summary:
Kao is a long-lost nobleman's son, who's engaged to Earth. He went to meet his father's house in the capital and promised to return to Earth, but he never returned.Meanwhile, Earth still has to tell him that he's pregnant.

***

"Kao, can we talk?"

"Mu, I have some news regarding my father!"

Earth just smiled and waited for his fiance to continue talking.

"My father's a nobleman in the capital city! I finally found him!" He said that eagerly.

Earth nodded and smiled for his lover's happiness.

Kao held his hands, "I'm going to visit their home in the capital tomorrow."

"Can you promise to come back?" Earth asked, gripping Kao's edge of his shirt tightly.

Kao let go of Earth's gripping hand and brought it to his lips.

"I promise I will buy you a wedding ring with a yellow stone that you love so much, Mu!"

Earth refrained himself from saying what he wished to speak to Kao. He should wait until Kao comes back after meeting his long-lost father.

Kao departed the next day, and Earth could only smile in encouragement to his fiance.

Earth waits in the windowsill until late at night, Kao still hasn't come back.

Maybe Kao was so tired and rest the night there?

With that in mind, Earth slept alone, restlessly at night.

Kao had promised to come back, but a month had passed and no words or his figure grazing their home.

Earth has been crying for days at night. He would always wail to let Kao know that he's waiting for him.

"Your baby is also waiting for you, Kao..."

The next day he plans to go to the capital to see Kao and ask for him to come back. To tell him of his impending fatherhood, say to him that his child wants him to know of its existence.

When he arrived at the address, Kao left for him, and no one was willing to open the tall fence for him. Even when he said to the guards that he's Kao's fiance.

"Give it up! There's no way the heir of the family will know a commoner like you!" A guard snapped at him.

Earth was dumbfounded, the heir?

"What's this fuss all about?" A blond young noblewoman suddenly showed up.

"Where is Kao? Please let me see him!"

"Are you asking about the heir? Kao is going to marry me so he can be the next successor of the Dechaphatthanakun's house."

Earth stopped his struggle to be let in after that.

"You see this ring? It's our engagement ring!" The woman shows off the ring on her finger.

Earth stunned silence after he saw the yellow stone of the ring. The ring Kao had promised him on the day of his departure.

Has Kao moved on after all?

Not wanting to create more unrest, Earth retreated from the mansion to go back home, with him talking to his bump to ease the pain he felt back.

"It'll only be you and me, baby," he said to his belly. "We will pray for your happiness, Kao..."

A year has passed, and Earth has given birth to a son he named Sun because he's the light that shone on his darkest days, the light that never faded in his embrace, the light that guided him from his despair after his son's father didn't want anything to do with him.