Black Ice •15

AN- get it? black ice? Sirius Black? I need to stop with the puns

also, this is shorter than my usual ones but its a filler chapter

Adalyns pov

I woke up and threw on a sweater, it being freezing cold in the house despite it being June. I shivered and looked down at the bed, frowning when George wasn't there. I put on my crocs and walked out of my room. I looked at the walls, them being dark green. the whole house felt Erie and unfamiliar.

I shook off the feeling as I walked into the living room, seeing everyone gathered there "good morning" I said with a smile as I sat in the open spot between George and Hermione.

George wrapped his arm around me "its 2 pm, love" he said with a chuckle. I looked at him and then down at the watch on my wrist "good afternoon then." I giggled "why didn't you just wake me up?"

Fred chimed in "George was being a giant simp and told us to let you sleep" I laughed "I never should have taught you American slang" I said as I put my head on Hermione's shoulder, who has already doing her summer work.

"well you cant remove it from my brain, bruh," Fred said snickering, making me groan " I hate you," I said, rubbing my forehead.

"more than me?" I heard from the doorway. I lifted my head to look at Sirius "do you actually ever enter a room or do you always have to stand in the doorway?" I asked, turning to face him.

he walked in and sat down, I had noticed he always looked tired. the bags under his eyes never leaving. He wore a half-open flowing black bottom down and plain black slack. there was something comforting about his presence, but I still was not going to trust him. I silently promised myself to stop getting attached to people, It's only ended badly when I do.

"I think I look cool leaning against the wall," he said

I sighed and put my legs in George's lap, who pulled me closer. "I don't think there's anything you could possibly do to look cool," I muttered, putting my head on George's chest

"bunny, he's not so bad. He's Harry's godfather. all of us trust him, believe me, he's not a bad person," he said, placing a kiss on my forehead "you don't need to treat him like Malfoy" he teased

I chuckled softly "I am not as mean to him as I am to Malfoy! I don't think he can have kids anymore," I said.

this made George laugh. Sirius smiled at us "you two are good together. I can see why you like her" he said, looking at George.

"yes yes tell the man he picked a good one" I muttered which made Hermione next to me giggle. I cleared my throat and spoke up "so I was wondering how everyone would feel about staying in a mansion in America?" I asked, clapping my heads together "it doesn't have to be for. along time, but I'd love to go home and check in on the house" I said "I have a portkey, but we could also travel by Floo powder"

Sirius nodded "I am all for it, I'm sure everyone else is too. You have had a rough year, you deserve to go home"

I smiled at him "thank you, Sirius. maybe you aren't the worst person in the world" I said, sticking my tongue out at him. he got up and ruffled my hair "I'm going to go talk to the adults about it." he said, walking out of the room

I smoothed out my hair "why does everyone do that?! is it my height or something? why does everyone touch my hair" I said to George who laughed at me.

we eventually got up and went to the kitchen after we heard molly call out that dinner was ready.

"so Adalyn," Arthur began after we had finished eating "you want to go back to America for a while?"

"I was uh actually hoping we could all- go- to- America" I smiled wearily "the house is really big there are eleven bedrooms so there's plenty of room for us, it's just such a big house that I don't want to be in the house alone, but I can go a few days early and make sure everything is ready," I said quickly "we can go by portkey or floo powder, either way, works and we don't have to stay long," I said

"I don't see why not if it's only for a short period of time," Molly said, smiling at me. Remus and tonks agreed

I grinned and bounced my legs to contain my excitement "Thank you so much!" I said, getting up and hugging all of them "

Remus paused for a second "wait, she shouldn't go alone"

"ill go with her" George chimed in "I'm of age" he smiled innocently

Molly and Arthur thought about it for a second "...alright but no funny business" molly said, pointing his finger at George who held his hands up in defence

we grinned at each other and ran upstairs to pack

this is gonna be fun