Interlogue

The rain poured down hard as he stumbled back to his house. Tears, snot, and blood mixed in the rain, the raven felt dizzy, lightheaded, but most of all: Heartbroken. But what more could John have expected? For Arlo to have liked him back? For Arlo to even be friends with him? John chuckled as he desperately tried not to cry. He felt like a fool, a complete idiot, a monster. He gasped. He couldn't take complete breaths, his body felt heavy, as if at any moment he would collapse. And finally, what felt an eternity later he finally saw his house. He entered his home, he was relieved but at the same time, it felt so cold. Had it always been this way? Was it always this cold and lonely? He shivered as he closed the door sliding down on it. It was all his fault, the raven hair thought, finally letting his tears flow. He was the one who was careless, he was the one who got feelings, he was the one who... he should do as Arlo said and disappear. He started sobbing not being able to contain himself any longer, His heart felt like it was about to burst, but now for a different reason. He just wanted it all to end. The pain, the regret, these stupid feelings that seemed to have ruined everything. John started to calm down feeling the exhaustion finally take over his body. His eyes felt swollen and heavy and they started to close. The raven finally lets himself relax and let sleep consume him away from his problems, away from the pain.