Interview with @stats7

This is the interview of the Cutie stats7 who is the winner of the Poetry genre in the Candy Cane Awards! 

Joice: First and foremost, Congratulations! How do you feel about being a winner in Candy Cane awards?

Stats7: I always saw interviews of winners on TV or say on Wattpad itself and I used to think that " I never knew this could happen" was such a common answer but today when I have felt that emotion I am really really happy. I would repeat 100x times that I never knew this could happen! I am really happy I got a chance to enter as well as win the award.

Joice: We're glad to have you! Tell us something about your poem.

Stats7: I wrote the poem WONDER WOMAN when there were just so many assault cases against women at a particular time, (like they were at peak) that the frustration turned into a poem. The poem just depicts the norms, myths and other not very good ideologies women have to face in daily life and how they are strong enough to overcome it.

Joice: Such talent! Thanks for sharing the poem with us. We might never know how many people would be inspired or motivated through this. So, when and how did you start writing poetry?

Stats7: I started writing poems in 2019. My first poem was based on my frustration and anger regarding my career choices and how people thought that your career only revolves around either being doctor or engineer. After that I wrote another poem on childhood memories and I was so shocked about this hidden potential. Rhyming words would always flow into my mind and I could go on by making a paragraph to a poem. After that I just couldn't let go of this and kept writing.

Joice: And DON'T STOP WRITING! Not everyone has this talent (P.S. I suck at poetry). Do you want to be a professional author?

Stats7: If you would have asked this question 2 years back, I would have yelled "YES! NO DOUBT!" But for now, I just want to keep 'writing' as a hobby. And I sometimes imagine myself as a pseudonymous author and handle 2 jobs simultaneously. That's a dream actually I have no real intention to follow it haha.

Joice: You're definitely writing under a penname?

Stats7: Yes! My real name is quite complicated and the one I am using now is 'stats7'. For me stats is a very professional thing and seven has been a lucky number for me so I keep it that way (not that it has a significance to anything). lol!

Joice: LOL! Who are your favorite authors? That's both in and out of Wattpad.

Stats7: I read books but tbh I never see the authors name. It's disrespectful I know but it has become a habit for me. Just to say I am a potter head so yeah JK Rowling is first on the list then Enid Blyton. I just know these and their books are awesome in my opinion so they are my favorite. (P.s sorry authors but I love your work really)(≧∇≦)/

Joice: Lmao! Did they inspire you? If no, then where do you get your inspiration from?

Stats7: Tbh no author has INSPIRED me. There is one south Korean boy band known as BTS (I highly doubt you haven't heard about them), they are they worked as the inspirers for me. The art of converting emotions to words, I learnt from them. So, they mean a lot to me. Not just me but all the other beautiful armys too! (Sorry for diverting from the question ಥ⌣ಥ)

Joice: I do know BTS but I'm more of a 'Blackpink in your area' type of person. What do you think is the best thing about Wattpad? Did it help shape your writing or potential?

Stats7: The best thing about Wattpad is that if you have it in your phone, the term 'boredom' will be out of your life. Whenever I feel unproductive, Wattpad has always worked for me. Whether it's for writing or reading purposes, I enjoy a lot on Wattpad. It did help share my potential. When I wrote poems, I didn't know about what platform I should use to take my works to maximum audience and Wattpad did the work. It's safe and friendly. I made lots of friends here too!

Joice: Don't we all love Wattpad? What is the one thing you look for when buying or about to read a book?

Stats7: Frankly and honestly, I am a grammar nazi. I doubt any well-known author would commit a mistake in using correct grammar, but the first thing I see is the description. If the grammar is correct the book is automatically in my reading list. Other than that, I am quite fond of covers. A cover can tell a lot about your book. So, cover and grammar are the 'its' for me.

Joice: You seem hard to impress, cool! Is there a particular genre you love to read or write?

Stats7: Poetry is my favorite genre when it comes to writing. I have published 6 works and 3 of them are poetry. When it comes to reading, I love science fiction/ mystery-thriller. (Probably the shortest answer I have given ╮(─▽─)╭ )

Joice: We all want to hear more! Don't hesitate. Tell us one thing that readers do that make you smile.

Stats7: The word 'readers' is a word that means both support and terror (not the wrong way) for me. The abundant support from them is what I aspire but then I think that my work is judged by so many people. Will it live up to their expectations? Will it be good? All questions come in my mind. But when your work is appreciated it really helps you.

Joice: What things do you like to do in your leisure time? (Besides writing, of course!)

Stats7: Besides writing I love drawing. And I absolutely love reading webtoons. Whenever I am free I will either read on Wattpad or webtoon. Note: Studying is not to be done in your leisure time.

Joice: Of course, say no to textbooks! What is the one thing you love the most in life?

Stats7: I love my family the most. Without their support I would not have even written any poem/story to begin with. Obviously, their bragging on my works make me too proud but I love them for what they do for me. My mother, father & sister are most precious to me.

Joice: Aww... We all crave support from our closest ones. Any message you want to give to other aspiring authors?

Stats7: NEVER GIVE UP. These words might be very simple, boring, common or might have been thrown at you in your day to day life. But, trust me I have gone through the phase when lack of appreciation takes a toll on your mental health so just don't let it dominate you. Even though slowly but you will see the improvement in yourself. Remember you are not here to collect votes, reads or comments. You are here to publish what you love. If you have a book which has not got enough interaction, send it to me, no worries but don't let it doubt yourself that you are not capable. You are doing good and will continue to do so. So never get demotivated. It's only you and your work.

Joice: So, we've reached the end. And let me assure you that this is just one of the many wins the amazing poem. Good Luck with all of your works!

Stats7: Thank you so much for the interview. It was really fun and as it was my first, it makes it all the way more special. Thank you~~

Joice: Welcome, stats! Also, head into the next chapter for the exclusive interview of Maxwell, who is the winner of the Mystery/Thriller genre.