Kim Jongin-Backup Dancer

Everyone had favorites. You just happened to not be his favorite.

You worked as Kai's backup dancer for SM. It was hard getting the position when you signed up for it. If you don't get the spot you would've beloved it was due to your skin color, which is why you partly believes Kai doesn't like you.

When it came to interaction between you two he avoided you a lot. Then when you did talk to him he kept the conversation short and avoided eye contact with you. You tried your best to build a friendship with him but it wasn't working out.

So you stopped trying.

It seem as though he noticed you stopped putting effort into talking to him. Everytime you guys practiced he seem to have his attention on you from time to time, but you ignored it.

Today was another typical day as an background dancer. You stretched with the other background dancers and chatted for a bit while waiting on Kai and the dance instructor to come.

"Have you talked to Kai?" Jisoo asked curiously. You filled her in on your lack of friendship with Kai.

"No I haven't. All he does is stares." You shrugged. "But I really don't give a fuck at this point. He can suck my left titty."

Jisoo eyes widen in shock. You was confused on why because she should be used to your mouth by now. That was until you realized she wasn't staring at you but she was looking behind you.

"Aw shit." You said and turned around. He stood there behind you blankly looking.

"I'm glad to know the offer is on the table." He said looking you up and down before walking away.

"Girl—HUH!" You was confused as hell on what just happened. Meanwhile Jisoo was looking as though she solved a mystery.

"That's why he acted that way towards you. He likes you!" Jisoo said while clapping your hands. Your face scrunched up at her explanation on why he acted that way towards you.

"Nah I don't think he do."

"Girl yes he do. Just confront him after practice today and see." Jisoo says. You nodded your head and shortly after practice officially started.

After going over the new dance and fixing your mistakes practice was finally over. You was sweaty and exhausted but you didn't forget about what you was going to do. The room was clearing out so it was just a few people inside the dance room.

Kai was standing in front of the mirror checking his phone. You took the chance and walked up to him. He looked up at you wondering why you wanted to talk to him.

"Is it because I'm black?"

Kai blinked several times at you in shock at what you asked. "Wha..." He couldn't even muster up words to speak.

"You be avoiding me like I'm the fucking Black Plague or something." You said. He blinks several more times before laughing at you.

"You thought it was because you were black?" He asked.

"Hell yeah! What else could it be?" You crossed your arms.

"Well it's because I find you cute." He admitted. He stepped a bit closer to you causing you to get nervous. "But due to company policy I can't date my co-worker."

"Oh damn." You didn't know what to say. It was situations like these where you managed to find the stupidest things to say. "That's tough."

"I'm sure we can make it work." Kai says winking at you and then exited the room. You watched him leave the room with your mouth slightly apart.

"Damn what the fuck did I just get myself into?"

[AUTHOR'S NOTE!]
I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Please don't be shy and let me know who all you would like to see.