| 1 | THE HAUGHTIEST OF THEM ALL

FOR FIVE YEARS OLD ANDREA, every pink thing was ugly, unicorns didn't really exist but kids her age were dumb enough to be obsessed with them, barbies were nothing but porcellian dolls with a weird smile plastered to their faces, watermelons were annoying and so were boys.

She pretty much didn't like anything at all. Except she did.

She loved pulling pranks on others.

The little girl seated at the edge of the indoor lake of the living area grinned mischievously—her hazel eyes twinkling, palms rubbing against each other as her devilish mind worked the way it always does when she's bored.

She had a fun plan in mind.

But she needed allies.

Lucein, maybe? But her elder brother by two years wasn't really the fun type. He was very obedient. Which was boring, really. But she loves him anyways.

Maybe her cousins?

Andrea shook her head cutting the thought immediately.

Dorian screams thousand times before really doing anything. Elizabeth was cool but she was also a lot like Lucein. Which meant no allies at all.

Sighing, Andrea ran her hand through the icy water in the lake. Giggling at the tingling sensation the water currents created due to the chilly weather, she dived her hand deeper.

Soon enough, the water was sprayed everywhere and the little girl was inside the lake—jumping and squealing.

"Teeeheee. This is so fun!" She sprayed the water in her palms above her head which fell upon her like a shower, dripping upon the already soaking girl.

The maids and servants passing by smiled at the princess shaking their head in the process.

Princess Andrea was a troublemaker. But they adored her like their own. She simply had that kind of effect on everyone. No one could not like the mischievous bundle of joy.

"Why's Andrea playing in the water like a wild cat? Is she not a princess? She never acts like a proper princess. " A little boy who was one of Andrea's castle school classmate scrunches his nose up.

The boy, Charles Delacourt, is the son of the late Duke Duncan Caprielle Delacourt. He is here for his class which the princess is not even interested in going. Unfortunately, they had to pass the living area with the lake so as to make it to the stairs upto second floor where the class had been set up by the royalties.

While the little boy's uncle shuts his nephew's mouth and tries to flee from the place with his nephew before getting caught, Andrea perks her head in the boy's direction.

"What did you say?" Little Andrea wants to know.

She brushes off her brown hair that's sticking on her face and gives the boy a challenging look—the kind of look her father, the vampire king gives his neglects.

"He's really sorry, your highness. He'll ask for your forgiveness. Right, Charles?" The boy's uncle gives him a stern look asking—commanding—his nephew to apologise.

But instead of obliging, the little boy feels spited. Doing the opposite of what his uncle asks was by far his favorite thing to do.

And he does exactly that.

"I said you are nothing like a princess. You act like a wild cat." The boy, Charles, says jutting his tongue out at her.

It makes Andrea see red. This is why she hates boys. They're very annoying.

Hopping off the lake's edge in a rougish manner, Andrea skips over to the boy. A path of wattery mess following her trail as they drip down her yellow sundress to the wooden floorings.