|3| THE RUDEST OF THEM ALL

EIGHT YEARS OLD LYSANDER hated everything and everyone in particular. Nothing could ever make the boy happy which made his mother worry about him way too much.

Mellisa had thought bringing her son to the Davies castle would cheer him up a bit. She'd bought him along hoping he'd mingle with the vampire royal's children and make friends. But boy, was she wrong.

Lysander stood in front of the Davies castle's indoor lake with a huge scowl on his face. Everytime any of the children had tried to approach him, he'd sent them away with a scathing glare.

Mellisa stood staring at her elder son with a saddened expression from a distance while the younger one, Elian, clung to her legs.

The ultimate queen looked down at the little boy, "Get down, you little monkey." She flicked his small button nose making the boy let out a giggle and only cling to her tighter.

Laughing at the four-years-old boy, Mellisa picked him up in her arms and approached her other son at the lake.

"Lys!" Elian squealed from his mother's arms, his curly blonde locks bouncing along with him.

Lysander looked away from the lake towards his younger brother and smiled but when his eyes met his mother's, they turned hard again. He looked away instantly making Lisa's heart squeeze with despair. She didn't know whether he'd ever forgive her for what happened.

As the ultimate queen brisked in her own misery, Andrea who had been out with Charles playing, hopped gleefully through the entrance with her best friend following behind in tow carrying all her toys.

"Hold atleast one of your own toys, stupid!" Charles groaned almost tripping over with the play things.

Andrea stopped her hop-dance and picked up a single toy from the heap Charles held, "There. I picked one." She passed the boy a grin.

Charles shook his head at his best friend and dumped all the toys to his feet, "Then I'll carry only one too." He picked one just like the vampire princess.

Andrea stopped on her track to glower at Charles, "I'm the lady here. You listen to ladies first."

"Then I was a lady in my last life. You listen to me first!" Charles glowered back.

"That is not fair!" Andrea shrieked but before the two friends could bicker more, a stern voice stopped them,

"Will you both stop making so much noise?" Lysander scowled at the pair from where he stood.

Andrea's attention shifted from Charles to Lysander. Narrowing her eyes at the boy, she pointed her index finger at him, "How dare you speak to us like that?! Do you know who I am-"

"The vampire princess. So what?" Lysander's eyes turned cold, "Do I need to lick your feet?"

Before Andrea could fume at him, Lysander held up his hand, "You know what? I'll just leave. I never wanted to come here anyways." He made sure he passed his mother a look as he said the words.

Mellisa sighed as Lysander turned around to walk away. But before he could storm off, Andrea's annoyed voice stopped him,

"Why are you always so rude to your Mom? She's so sweet." The six years-old-girl fumed forgetting her own fight.

Andrea had always seen Mellisa grow sad because of Lysander. She might be many thing but Andrea hated boys who were rude to their parents for no reason. Andrea was stubborn too around her parents but she knew very well she was never rude. Afterall, she was a good girl, keeping the troubles she causes aside.

Lysander turned to look at the girl over his shoulder, "If you like her so much, keep her for yourself."

With that, the boy walked away although Andrea was left fuming more than ever. Charles could swear that he sensed steam coming out of the girl's ears. Or maybe he was being over-dramatic. But what could one expect when he was the very best friend of the drama queen?