Chapter 11- Natasha Romanoff reprise

"Bryce?"

Bryce looked up to see the real Natasha Romanoff standing on the roof.

"Oh, good, you got the scepter. Bring it up here, we need it!" Natasha called.

"Funny," Bryce sneered. "So do I,"

"Bryce..?" Natasha asked suspiciously, peering down at her.

"I need this more than you do," Bryce told her. "and you can't stop me, Agent Romanoff,"

"Bryce, the scepter is controlling you, you need to snap out of it!" Natasha instructed.

"NOBODY CONTROLS ME ANYMORE!" Bryce bellowed. "NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT TO DO ANYMORE! I AM IN CONTROL NOW,"

"Bryce, you need to fight it!" Natasha pleaded.

"Fight what?" she snarled. "You? Because I'll gladly do that. Nobody will be taking this away from me. I've waited far too long for this moment,"

With that, she charged up the scepter, firing up at the roof. The blast nearly hit Agent Romanoff, who rolled out of view.

Bryce started inside, knowing that her time gazing out at her city was over. She'd almost reached the stairs going to the lower levels when a hoarse voice called out to her.

"Perhaps I was wrong about you,"

Bryce spun around. Loki had started to prop himself up.

"I don't need your acceptance," Bryce growled.

"Let me make a deal with you, Disloyal," he said. "If you escort me out of here, I'll let you help me take over this planet,"

Bryce tossed him a sneering laugh.

"I don't need your help," she said airily. "Perhaps if you had been more successful..?"

She laughed at him again before entering the stairwell.

"I was successful!" he shouted at her. She stopped, turning back to him, grinning with mocking.

"Were you?" she spat. "Maybe your mother would have been proud. Congrats on almost taking over a city with a completely overpowered army that could most definitely take over in under ten minutes, or however long you've had that portal going. Pathetic," 

He stared at her in disbelief and rage. "You disgust me," 

"And you disappoint," Bryce snapped. "You claim to be a god, but you have no more ambition than a teenage boy,"

Loki glared at her with loathing. "You don't deserve this world,"

"Nor do you!" Bryce taunted.

Loki peered at her for a moment before replying, "Then so be it,"

"Behind you," whispered the alien-like voice. Bryce spun around and punched Natasha Romanoff across the face, preparing for battle. Natasha recovered quickly and launched herself at her, attempting to tackle her. Bryce hit her with the hard end of the scepter, sending her sprawling to the floor. 

"And then there's you," Bryce sneered. 

"What about me?" Natasha asked, leaping to her feet. 

"You're making me very annoyed," Bryce jabbed the scepter at her, attempting to press it to her sternum. Natasha dodged and grabbed the end, yanking it forward and sending Bryce stumbling. She then kicked at her arm, knocking the scepter from her hands. Bryce leaped after it, rolling over it and in the process picking it up again. She held it out in front of her defensively.

"Please, Bryce, you have to snap out of it!" Natasha pleaded again. 

"This isn't something I can 'snap out of', Agent Romanoff," Bryce told her. "This is my decision, and nothing you say will change that,"

"Nothing I say?" Natasha asked.

"Nothing."

"Fine, then,"

She launched herself at Bryce again, this time taking her by surprise and managing to slam her into the wall. The girls grappled over the scepter, both of them holding it firmly. 

"Give it up, Bryce!" Natasha yelled. 

"No!" Bryce shouted in response. "You just don't understand! NOBODY UNDERSTANDS!"

"I don't want to hurt you, Bryce!"

Bryce screamed in outrage and turn the blade on Natasha, aiming for her neck. Natasha used all her strength to stop it, but inhuman abilities were already flowing through Bryce's veins.

"Then don't," she growled quietly. 

Natasha studied her with pleading eyes before leaping forward, pressing Bryce into the wall and bringing their lips together. 

For a second, I could see. I could feel Natasha, passionately kissing me. It was happening. It was really happening. My grip on the scepter loosened dramatically. I kissed her in return, grateful for the moment and savoring every bit of it until Natasha pulled away.

Then, she fell back under the spell of the scepter.

Bryce made a low, inhuman growling sound. 

"I'm sorry, Bryce," Natasha said quickly, then punched her in the head, knocking her unconscious.