☰ᴇɪɢʜᴛ - ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ꜱᴋɪʟʟ☰

The twenty first of December was a pretty laid back day, the three temporary roommates having spent it decorating the inside of the house (everything except the tree, which they would do together when George's parents arrived). Towards the mid-afternoon, George and Cara had gone out to get groceries, leaving Dream on his own. Though he would have accompanied them, he decided that he would much rather uncover more parts of the town alone as opposed to walking around a market for an entire hour, so they reluctantly agreed and let him go on his way. He had popped in and out of a few different stores, browsing absentmindedly, admiring various things from fresh baked goods to different arrays of clothing and even to little handmade trinkets.

Eventually, he found himself walking up to the familiar front of George's ice rink for the third time that week (although this time, he was alone).

Maybe it was because he was lost in thought, or maybe it was because he hadn't even stopped to consider checking the opening times plastered on the glass doors, but whatever it was he threw open the doors and walked right in the direction of the rinks. He was met with a flurry of two people chasing each other around the benches, one with something held high above their head and the other stumbling after making grabby hands.

Dream quickly pinned the two as Xander (an easy answer), and after a second of hesitation, Riley. The abrupt realization that the thing in Xander's hand was a skate and Riley was hobbling around unbalanced with only one on made him laugh.

The two paused their actions and turned to Dream, who cringed slightly to himself before offering a smile and a friendly wave.

"What? You think because you're friends with Georgie you can let yourself in?" Xander smirked, going to cross his arms in front of his chest before eyeing Riley who would have surely taken the skate from him the second it was lowered to her level. Normally, Dream would have apologized and turn to take his leave, but these were two of George's best friends. And besides, Xander's words didn't hold any malice behind them.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I interrupted your game of keep away," Dream joked back easily, crossing his own arms as if to mock Xander. The shorter male laughed out to which Riley took as an opening to dive in, almost knocking him to the ground but successfully retaining her skate with a small cheer.

"Well, what can we do for you man? I didn't see George with you—does he know that you're here?" Dream shook his head and looked to the side of the room where the drinks were, seeing the man he recognized as Davis skating alone in the practice rink.

"No he doesn't, he's currently out with Cara so I figured I'd swing by." Despite Dream not knowing why his feet had carried him to the rink on their own before, he did now. Not that he was going to let it out that easily, seeing that if it sounded dumb in his mind it would sound even worse out loud.

"That's it, aye? Just felt like swinging by because you missed us so well?" Dream tensed up, not noticing how he was tapping his foot at an uneven pace, and replied back with an affirmative 'Yup!'.

Alas, Xander's slowly forming grin accompanied by painstakingly subtle nodding said that he had read right through him. Sure, the sudden flip in demeanor didn't help Dream's case but still.

"Mhm, we'll go with that," Xander said back, watching as Riley went to put her previously stolen skate back on. "Any chance you would want to go out and skate with us again? Could teach you a few tricks."

Dream's face lit up and he agreed, following Xander over to acquire a pair of skates. Riley didn't miss the way he beamed, however, having followed them over to nudge his side with her elbow.

"Trying to impress someone by learning their favorite pastime?" She teased, joining Xander on the other side of the counter. Without missing a beat, Dream was quick to fire back