☰ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ - ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ☰

Ten minutes into ripping away at colorful tissue paper and snowflake-covered wrapping, the doorbell rang.

Dream, surveying the busy family, stood up from the soft cushions of the loveseat (which he and George had practically claimed at this point) to answer it for the family. While not wanting their festivities to be interrupted was part of the reason he offered to answer the knocking, the fact that he knew who would be behind the door also played into it.

"Heya Dream, Merry Christmas!" Xander sang out when Dream opened the door, two large bags at his feet. Dream grinned and stepped aside, letting him into the warmth that the house held and out of the chilly afternoon air.

"Merry Christmas! What's with the bags?" He gave a pointed nod at the multicolored gifts that were now being held, one in each hand. While Dream closed and locked the front door, Xander answered,

"What? You think in gonna go over George's house while my second set of parents are here and not bring them anything? The audacity!" Xander brought one hand (which still clasped around the handle of the smaller of the two bags) up to his chest as if to mock hurt. Dream wrinkled his nose up in return, glancing behind him to see if any of the Davidson's had made their way towards them yet. They had not.

"Well anyways, did you bring it?" His voice dropped in both the volume and octave, as if they were exchanging secrets like school children. The bag that was at Xander's chest was now being pushed into Dream's.

"Relax, I've got you. Now go hide it or put it under the tree or something so I can go in and say hi." Dream beamed down at Xander, making sure to thank him profusely while nodding and slipping away to store the gift for later.

Xander took this time to fully enter the house, stepping into the living room with his arms spread out far in the air.

"Merry Christmas to my favorite batch of Brits this town has to offer!"

Nora stood up from where she had been hunched over a small box, side stepping multiple trinkets scattered across the floor in order to reach Xander and pull him into a hug.

"I was wondering when my favorite child would come and visit while we were in the city; Merry Christmas!" George rolled his eyes, sharing a challenging glare with his friend from over his mother's shoulder.

Dream reentered the room, shuffling past the family who was sharing their welcomes to the newest addition. He reclaimed his spot side-by-side with George, leaning into the back of the smaller couch and crossing his arms over his chest.

Despite both of their legs touching slightly at the knees due to close proximity, Xander still insisted on waltzing over to the loveseat and plopping himself down between them—or rather, on top of them.

"Was that really necessary, Xan?" George huffed out, bringing his hands up to push his shoulder with a heavy force. Xander put up a fight, throwing an arm around each man's shoulder to pull them all closer together.

"Absolutely. If I didn't you would have just ignored me, so what better way to get your attention?" He pursed his lips, pouting at the brunet as if he had committed a great offense. George just sighed as Dream started to chuckle at his side.

"I wouldn't ignore you, don't worry," He piped up, grinning at George's defeated look he half-assed towards Dream. Xander whipped his head around, smirking.

"That's only because you needed me. If I didn't have that bag you would've—" Right before Dream could shut him up, Cara did.

"Alright kids, quit bickering already, it's draining me and I'm not even a part of it." Xander waved his hand (that was still around George's shoulder) as if to excuse her statement. Nora chuckled, standing by the couch but not making any move to sit down. New clothes, little nick-knacks, and computer parts littered the floor around her slippered feet.