Author's note.

Rare author's note or advice/ motherly advice/ sisterly advice/ friendly advice. I'm sorry, I couldn't decide on what to name it. Guess I'd go with author's note.

Thank you so much guys for coming thus far. I love you all so much. Thanks for sticking with me through the slow updates and all. One love.

Things I want to say.

When I started this book, I was like; who is going to read this rubbish I'm posting here because this is my first book. I was so confused, unprepared and amateurish that the first three chapters were in present tense and the rest were in past tense 🤣🤣

At some point, I wanted to take the book off wattpad because I wasn't feeling very motivated and it wasn't getting more readers. There were some days the views skyrocketed and there were the days it crawled. But I'm glad I didn't take it off. I'd probably be beating myself up by now. Lol. This is for anyone with a story idea, write it, publish it and you would be amazed at how well you've written.

Secondly, to people that know me personally. This book is not about my life, maybe you might have noticed some similarities in some chapters. It is not about my life, I'm still a young girl in the university, very very young and not close to being marriable.

Janette and I are two different people. She is a figment of my imagination.

Thirdly, no matter what you are going through. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Be strong, be of good courage, have faith and everything would work out for your good. Just like Janette, you would have your happy ending.

Whoops! I'm on fire tonight!

Fourthly, if you or you know anyone that can relate to my work, I assure you that it's completely coincidental. Everything in this book is entirely a work of fiction and my imagination.

Word of Advice

I know some of us have strict, overbearing, dictating and demanding parents like Janette especially those of us from Nigeria. Our parents think they know what is best for us and as a result make annoying decisions for us.

If you know you don't want to do whatever your parents are forcing you to do. Please and please, do not do what Janette did. Don't talk to your parents rudely because you might not just have an aunt Hannah to help you.

What you can do instead is to sit with them, talk respectfully. Make them understand that this is not what you want and if they refuse to listen. You can involve your grandparents or a trusted uncle or aunt or a family friend to help you.

DO NOT DISRESPECT THEM. LIFE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES.

Remember the bible says; Honour your father and your mother so that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

I think I should go by Pastor Frances from now on.

Whatever we do, we would surely need our parents in one way or the other. So respect them.

There is also another saying I know; whatever you do to your parents, your children would do unto you. It's not a curse. It's the way of life. I have seen it happen in many situations.

Lastly, DO NOT COPY MY WORK!! If not you'll be hearing from the gods of my land. Be original, it's ok not to have ideas for a book but do not copy someone else's sweat. It's absolutely wrong and there would be consequences. Severe ones.

To unmask_reader, sheylarrh, Spiff1096, Kumphy, Rhozeetta, AgnesKimani, kgraceemerald, Johnibanga25, oyinadu, call_me_Tio, PrinceFrancis3, Jun-pyo, basi_sam, Blissfulhrt, Hannastashia, AntoinePes anyone I didn't tag (PS I'm sorry for that) and my silent readers. I see your reads, votes and comments. I appreciate every single one of you for taking your time to read this one of a kind book.

I'm open to reviews, corrections and questions. If there's any, you can say it here in the book or in my dm or pm or whatever Wattpad calls it. It has been a really great journey writing this book and this is where I draw the curtain.

Mercí beaucoup
Daalu
O sé
Na gode
Gracias.
I think I've tried.

I guess it wasn't that long after all.

Bye-bye❤. I hope to see you all in a new book whenever I gather the strength to start writing it.

The final end. Goodbye 💖