Chat With A Stranger

[Warning: Includes Gore & Violence]

It was a lazy Saturday night and I was scrolling through my Facebook account. Swiping the screen up and down, looking for something that could catch my eye. I was with my little sister alone in our house and we were sleeping on separate rooms. It was pretty much boring, considering that no one chats me. All my messages were just from group chats and random chain messages. My mind was telling myself to sleep, my eyes almost closing and I did all I could to stop the deep slumber. My mind was winning the sleeping game, Facebook is just too damn boring. Until suddenly, I got a new notification.

A stranger added me.

It was eventually normal. Random people would add me from time to time, and I got used to the norm. But something told me different about this one. I don't know why but I got attracted to it. I couldn't identify whether if he was a guy, or she was a girl. All I could see is its plain black profile picture and the strange blank name.

I wasn't one to usually accept such a peculiar account but for an unexplained cause, I accepted this one. A few minutes later, it message me.

"Hello."

It was such a normally cliche intro, but I wanted to be up for the night. So I replied.

"Hi. What's up?"

"Look out your window."

I was confused. Why should I look at the dark empty field outside my house? He was asking such a strange question. I replied hesitantly,

"Why?"

"Look out your window." It repeated,

I was starting to see through the prank. Some jerk is trying to dupe me. I wanted to dismiss the chat and go to sleep. "This is getting stupid, I should just block this guy.", I thought. Until I heard our dog barking outside. After a while, my phone rang a new message again.

"Look out your window."

My dog was barking louder, everything was becoming very strange. This time, I stepped down my bed and slowly traversed to the window. I leaned with only my eyes out and saw nothing but a black void devoid of any other noise aside from the barking. I raised my whole head up and scanned through the empty neighborhood,

"I'm looking, now what?"

"Now HIDE."

"Huh?"

This time, I saw a small glimmer of light on the opposite side of the street. A guy with a black hood was standing just right under the tree near the streetlight. Is this the stranger I'm currently talking to?

I locked my eyes on the stranger who I assumed I was talking to. I could only see a faint shadow and the light that emitted from its phone. After a brief moment, my phone rang a message again.

"HIDE."

I turned my head back to the spot where I saw the guy in the black hood and found nothing but an empty ground. I scanned my eyes quickly around the area and I could not find the mysterious character anymore. I then noticed that my dog suddenly became quiet. After a while, I heard a squeal, then a splatter. My dog was making a shrill cry. My heart started to thump faster as fear started to take hold of me. Then, I received another message again.

"HIDE. HIDE. HIDE. DID YOU HIDE ALREADY?"

"What the fuck did you do?!" I replied,

"JUST HIIIIDDDEEEE. . ."

Then, I heard another splatter, I looked out the window and I saw my dog, thrown to the middle of the road, violently mutilated and it's head barely hanging with its body. I vomited at the sight as the tears started to get to me.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I replied, I couldn't shout and I was already crying. I quickly ducked and clenched my phone tighter as anger slowly crept under my back.

"JUUUUSSSTTT. HIIIIIDDDEEEEE!!!"

What the fuck is happening? This is seriously becoming insane. My heart was jumping out of my chest and I couldn't control my fear anymore. I suddenly heard a mild laughter below my house.

Then, I heard the door below screech.

I was struggling as I ran quickly to the door. My room was dark so I opened my phone flashlight and I quickly barricaded the door with a drawer. The creep was now inside.

I could hear a faint laughter from below, something that only made my fear rise. Sweat was raining down on me as I tugged myself and sat next to the door hoping that my weight would help protect myself. Then my screen flashed, and the next thing I saw almost sucked my soul out of me.

It sent a photo of my little sister sleeping.

Anger burned me when I realized that I forgot about my little sister. After a while all I heard was a muffled scream. I screamed as the tears ran down. This point, I couldn't bear it anymore. I removed the obstacles I created as fast as could. Before I could push the drawer away, I received another message.

The freak sent a photo of my little sister again. This time, dead. Her body was sliced and in her face was a wide smile carved by a knife. Her eyeballs were plucked out and she had a huge cut on her belly with her insides pulled out.

"DID YOU HIDE?"

I couldn't bear it anymore, I cried and cried. I threw my phone away as I sat on a dark corner inside my room. How could one simple chat with a stranger lead everything this way? I tried my best to hide, but I couldn't stop the sobbing.

After a while, the door to my room quietly creaked. I couldn't stop myself from shivering anymore, my arms and legs were becoming numb and all I could only do left was to pray for myself. Then it took a small step and it unveiled itself. It had a hideous grim face. It chuckled as it slowly walked closer, a bloodied knife and a bloodstained hood was the last thing I saw. I screamed, and as it raised its hand it let out a twisted laugh and its next words were the last I heard before my blood spilled on the floor.

"I TOLD YOU TO HIDE."