Chapter 5

Author's note
I'm not the best drawer but here's what I imagine Ranpo looking as rn^
—————————
Yosano watched as the tiny creature hopped over to sit next to the author,purring contently with his tail swinging from side to side. "Based on what we researched so far,we've discovered there's an ability that would make someone turn into a light sort of figure if they disturbed the house of the owner's ability. The only way to get them to be visible to everyone is to hold one of their favourite foods or drinks. Once that light figure finds someone they're close with holding one of their favourite snacks or drinks,that would be the only thing they'd be able to eat or drink. If they do not eat like normal human beings they would die,the only way for them to eat is to give them the food or drink they were stuck with. When they eat or drink that item,they would not appear visible for the rest of the day,however the next day they would appear visible if you hold the item again and not feed it to them unless you want them to disappear so Ranpo can drink the ramune at night while everyone is asleep," the woman explained,her gaze softening when she laid her eyes on the smaller detective.

Tanizaki patted his soft hair politely,apologising for the rough actions of the doctor. Poe nodded throughout the explanation,his eyes everting from the younger to the raven occasionally. So it was because they disturbed the house,he was transformed into that light figure. Guilt made him tremble a bit,biting his tongue after realising it was his own selfishness that put the victim in where he was now.

The angel looking thing tilted his head when he caught onto the little details,his eyes open,sympathy written all over him. He tiptoed over to him,a soft smile present on his face as he flopped down next to him. "Ya know,it's okay. It wasn't really your fault,I should've dragged you outta there the first time I felt something bad was about to happen. Anyways,it's not like I'm dead or anything,right?" The raven reassured him,kicking his legs back and forth,his posture relaxed and calm.

The author grunted,looking away from the other as he sighed,no apology could really go into depth about how regretful he felt at that moment. Calming down,he looked over to the doctor,his bangs moved away from his eyes. "What should we do now?" Yosano tapped her foot on the ground lightly,thinking about what would happen next. "Well,the only option I can think of right now is to wait until Dazai comes back. Until then,we have to find the ability user so that bandaged idiot can cancel the ability. Meanwhile,I Guess everything goes back to 'normal'," she elaborated,throwing the bottle of ramune Ranpo had been eyeing the entire time to Poe who caught it clumsily.

The raven's tail swished from one side to the other as he tried to reach for the bottle,slamming his body down on the taller who immediately whisked the sweet drink away from him,standing up and using his height to prevent him from getting it. The younger hissed as he tried to reach for the bottle,pouting when he couldn't reach it no matter his efforts. Ranpo floated over to his desk,playing and pushing the marbles on it lightly and puffing his cheeks out defiantly at the other,showing his displeasure of not getting his ramune.

Poe chuckled slightly as he strolled over to him,ramune stuck in his hand so the tiny creature couldn't grab onto it. Before he could say anything,Atsushi crept up to the desk,a shy smile on his face as he cradled the file he was holding. "Um,Ranpo-san,there's a lot of reports that couldn't be solved while you were away. Umm,here's the files," the teen whispered awkwardly,his eyes squinted and looking away. His eyes squinted more when he noticed that instead of the older male on his seat,he was floating slightly above it,making a small confused noise about the effects of the ability before putting the file on the desk for him.

The smaller pulled the file onto his lap,opened it as he read away,his slightly floating legs 'perked' on the desk. "Okay then! Poe-kun accompany me,we're going to an abandoned school," he purred,hopping off the chair and levitating over to the door,humming with a smile as the author followed after him. The ramune in his pocket glistened in the light as Poe tucked it in deeper,all insecurities leaving his mind as he witnessed detective's beaming and reassuring smile.