Chapter 3

He was like an angel,shining and bright,who looked exactly like light. He was beautiful,his eyes closed like usual as he took a step nearer. The only problem was..He was trying to Attack Poe. The short male practically launched himself onto the writer,hugging him like a koala as he scrambled up to sit on the taller's arms and his mouth was wide open revealing his shiny white teeth that tried to chomp on the bottle of ramune the brunet was holding.

Poe screeched in terror as those sharp teeth tried to munch on the plastic of the bottle,toppling over and landing with his back on the floor while his hand was out of reach from the short little Monster. He grunted,trying to get the little munchkin looking thing off of him but the thing kept nibbling on his arm to make him lower the ramune for him.

Finally,the plum eyes gave up and lowered his arm,exhaustion flowing through his body from trying to escape the light creature that looked a lot like his missing Boyfriend. It patched its teeth into the bottle,bite marks scratching against the plastic as it got into a frog like posture,a lot like Ranpo. It took the bottle out of its mouth with his light hands and tried to open it,using his teeth to desperately chomp on the material to loosen it. The creature let out a purr when his teeth managed to scratch the bottle cap off,the marble glistening brightly.

As the creature was about to push the marble in,the writer made a last comeback by tackling the light mythical looking creature,grabbing the ramune bottle from its hands and with a heavy heart at seeing his lover's resemblance with the creature before kicking it away. It growled and attacked again,aiming for his arm once more. This time though,the taller was prepared. He grabbed him by his hair,yanking him further away and tossing it onto the floor,listening to its pained hiss. Before the creature could get up,Poe quickly grabbed a collar with a leash in his pocket (it's Karl's leash in case he ever needed it) and equipped it on the 'monster'. The thing looked up at him,its eyes a bright green,it reminded him so much off-

"Stop it! I already know he's gone just stop looking like him please!"

A sudden outbreak exploded. The thing widened its eyes,seated like a cat with its paws gripping onto the balcony floor as it watched the human cry. The plum eyed clutched onto the bottle of ramune,crying out and trying to forget about his mistakes,forget about everything until a hand reached up to caress his face. His eyes flew open and landed on the soft expression of the creature who crept up closely to him to look directly into his eyes. He'd just noticed,the light creature's eyes were strained like a cat's,lines spread out but now,it somehow softened,looking exactly like the missing detective's.

"P-Poe-kun-?" The thing stammered,sitting fully on the author's lap and caressing his face lightly,regaining his consciousness. The moment he heard the voice,Poe hugged it,as if clawing into the light fabric on him and crying could cure the loneliness in his shallow heart,noticing how his tears shone more light as it passed through the thing that looked like a drunk hallucination.

"Hey,don't cry,it's okay I'm here now. If I'm alright,then you should be alright too," the creature rephrased the missing person's words so perfectly it was a crime. "R-Ranpo-Kun,is this really you?" The other asked,burying his face deeper into the shoulders of the younger.

"Yeah,yeah,it's me. Now stop crying so that we can deduce what happened. By the way,have you seen my glasses anywhere?" The brunet smiled,wiping away his tears before pulling out the detective's glasses from his pocket,he kept it with him ever since he found it abandoned.

Ranpo beamed from ear to ear,fondling with the glasses like a child would with their new toy. He let out an inhumane purr as he put it on,his smile bright on his face again as he used his ultra deduction to find out what was happening. Before he could find out though,the glasses slipped from his hands,his body falling backwards for the older to catch him in his arms,worrying about him as he was dragged onto the bed and then on the other's lap.

Again,another purr left the man's throat when he was cuddled in the taller's arms and earned a "how do you even do that?"

"I-I'm tired-and hungry. Really hungry. I haven't ate for a week you know? I'd love some snacks right now," Ranpo whined,pushing the back of his head flush to the writer's chest. Just at the moment,a rustling sound could be heard and something went into the flap of the door,a furry animal with a fluffy tail,none other than Karl. The raccoon looked at his parents in confusion,making weirded out animal noises at the fact one of them was literally a glowing light.

He hopped onto the bed with a snack in his mouth,offering it to the beaming light he graciously took it,patting the animal before tearing into the snack. He opened the chip bag,taking one chip and placing it in his mouth,chomping with delight in him,at least until he vomited the chip back out in a form of a pool of light. Karl has gone back outside by then so only Poe was left staring in confusion of what had just happened.

"Huh,I can't eat chips or many snacks in this form can I?"
"I doubt so."
"Well damn,I hate this."
"There's a bunch of things you can't do while in this form and the first thing you're mad about is not being able to eat chips?"
"Yeah,man this sucks."
Well,that's a start to an unraveling Storm.