Chapter 7

Author's note
I headcanon Yosano's ability to only revert the dying person's body to its original state,so if someone had some kind of disability,she can't fix it. Also there's ocs but they play a part
———————-
Broken wings lay in the doctor's arms as she tried to stretch them out only for them to snap back painfully back to its place. She gave it another tug and looked back at her patient,giving a click of her tongue as she slumped it back down. A fake lollipop twirled around in the detective's mouth as he kicked his legs back and forth in boredom,playing around with the ball of fluff on the tail.

"Even with my ability on you,I can't seem to fix your wings. Hmm,perhaps they'd heal in the normal way," Yosano muttered to herself,smoothing out the feathers on the wings,tracing her fingers onto the bone that looked like it had impaled itself onto a patch of feathers. She wrapped them up in a bandage,patting them back down before guiding the other out of the room.

Ranpo hummed to himself as he skipped over to the office,beaming as he took notice of the writer at his desk,a bottle of ramune shining on it. "Ah,Ranpo-Kun,how did the treatment go with Yosano-sensei?" Poe called out,flinching when he realised how loud he was in the middle of the agency. Paying no mind to the usual chittering and cheerful buzz around the agency,the smaller floated over the floor to the other,happily hopping into his lover's arms before tucking his head under his Chin.

The older grimaced as he looked down on the other but didn't feel the familiar weight he would've been when he wasn't in this weird light form. Karl sat at the edge of the table,squeaking loudly and hopping onto the raven's hair to flop on while swaying his fluffy grey tail. Before the taller could say anything,he felt a tug at his sleeve and a a small zipper bag was abruptly shoved into his face,just barely touching his eyes.

He let out a small yelp of surprise as the younger was reduced to a giggling mess,his wings bouncing around in amusement and his tail wagging. The other nipped at the detective's neck and tickled his sides as a petty revenge,Ranpo begging him to stop as he laughed his small butt off and flailing his arms as tears caused by his thundering laughter brimming in his eyes.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry,I'm sorry. S-stop- tic-tickling me!" He wheezed,nuzzling back at his lover and swinging his tail up to slap him gently when he stopped. Poe glanced at the zipper bag that the shorter was holding,reaching out to take it and gave it a long look.

"I was about to say,we need to go to a school to get evidence for our case. No worries,I already got permission from the president!" The man squeaked,hopping from the other's arms while holding the zipper bag that contained just one small strand of hair in it.

"W-wait,what case? Also,what evidence do we need to collect when you could easily flash the 'murder',I'm guessing,to the culprit of the case we're working on?" The older stammered,tilting his head slightly as the creature before him pouted and put his hands on his hips.

"Well,obviously I could do that,but the person who'd be catching the culprit won't be the police officers,Nor will they end up in jail. The person catching them would be protective of them and demand evidence after evidence for the conclusion we arrive to. About the case part,obviously it's about figuring out how to revert back to my normal self. After all,I can't stay in this form forever right?" Poe repeated the sentence in his head again to catch up on what the raven had exclaimed in one gasp. The shorter man joyously floated away to the door,looking back at the author with narrowed sly emerald eyes as his tail whisked back and forth,waiting for the other to catch up to him.

The older finally grasped onto the little bits of important information he needed to know and got up to stumble after the other,chasing the floating little beast who decided on a little game of tag all the way to the school nearby.
"Ding!" The bell of the school resounded through the school and a flock of students raced around,some of them heading straight into the canteen while others slowly trotted over to the library. There were a few troublemakers messing with the school's trees and others went to play random games they started.