Chapter 2

Nightmares,they were scary. Ranpo's nightmares were mostly about the dark,it scared him to be alone,defenceless and easy prey for the darkness to catch up to.

Dreams,they were scary too. Poe's dreams were always with Ranpo,his only sweet light in his eyes,the only thing that kept him working,but since they were dreams,there was a possibility he would lose it. Mindless happiness mixed in with the dread of losing something you love. He hated dreams because now he realised he might have lost it.

With the phone heavy in his pocket and the detective's glasses gripped between his palms as he heaved himself into the agency dorms,hoping someone was there to help him. Although it pained him to think about what they would say about what had happened,he couldn't just stand around and do nothing. Biting his lip,he trudged over to the first room he saw,knocking on it lightly,a flash of anxiety going through him.

"Oh fuck,what if I woke up the person and they're mad at me? What if they don't want to know what I need to tell them? What if they end up scolding me for that accident? What if-" his thoughts were interrupted as the door opened to reveal a happy Atsushi in his nightwear,a control in one of his hands most probably because he and Kyouka were watching something before he disturbed them. Other than that,his hair was a bit messy and his clothes weren't straight so it was guessable they were comfy.

"Oh,Poe-san! What can I do for you?" Atsushi stopped his sentence as his eyes fell upon the pair of glasses the writer was holding,tipping his head in confusion but then took notice of the older's shaking figure and invited him in. Kyouka was seated near their small table while on a pillow,a small newly bought television in front of her,implying they were watching a movie. Poe cursed to himself for disturbing them before his thoughts drifted to Ranpo,remembering what he was here for.

"Atsushi,I need your help. It's about Ranpo-kun," he explained the whole situation and how it got to this position,leaving both Atsushi and Kyouka lost for words. Quickly,the were tiger got up,hesitantly looking over at the youngest who nodded at him wordlessly before standing up and grabbing onto the writer's hand,dragging him up to Kunikida's dorm with Atsushi following at the back. "Luckily for you,I don't think anyone would believe you somehow kidnaped Ranpo and made up this fake story and also all of the adults are playing cards in Kunikida-san's dorm tonight so it's easier to tell them," Kyouka brushed along,stern lining up with her voice as they stopped by at Kenji's room to pick him up before dragging him to their senior's room without explaining.

The moment her hand knocked on the door,it flew open,Kunikida standing behind with anger written all over his face and ready take out all of his anger on whoever was in front of the door while Dazai laughed,definitely from victory,in the background. Before the yellow head could explode,the little girl looked directly into his eyes and told him that there was a problem. Frustrated at the fact he knew he couldn't scream especially at her,he let out a sigh and invited them all in,sitting back down in their places as the once cheerful theme loomed with darkness.

Kyouka took the responsibility of telling them about what had happened to Ranpo,Poe shuffling with his fingers and his eyes avoiding every gaze as his heart thumped louder. Oh no he was definitely going to get scolded. Instead of screeching in anger,they just sat there frozen in their place gaped like a goldfish until finally Yosano spoke up. "We have to get him back," was her immediate response,ignoring the fact that her Best Friend was abducted because his lover was too fascinated with the antique things in a mysterious mansion.

Biting on her lip,she somehow managed to get everyone in that room to the agency,everyone in their normal places seated and ready to find out more about the place to know what had exactly happened to him. Although late at night,they worked their asses off on the computer,typing aggressively and trying to find answers or clues so Long as the pillar of the agency would be safe again in their arms. As the night went by,everyone eventually passed out after working too much,not finding a single thing about the mansion.

Haruno had went to the room to find out what the noise was about and was horrified when she had learnt what problem they were facing,going to Fukuzawa to inform him about it. "Bing!" Dazai groaned as he scratched his head,eyes half closed as he looked at a message he received from someone. "Ugh,do I really have to go to this case? All because they need my ability,geez chibi really needs me,huh? Alright then,off to save some other city or shit I'm too tired for this," Dazai yawned,stretching like a fox and getting onto his feet,bags apparent under his eyes.

Everyone just grunted or groaned at his words as they went back to their slumber. "Before that though-"
A slap resounded throughout the room. The people over there were too tired to even realise what had happened so it gave his a chance to slap the very person who left the detective at his current position. Poe looked up at the other brunet,shocked as he felt a stinging pain.

"That is what you get for leaving my Best Friend behind and ignoring his complaints. Good luck finding him," Dazai turned to leave,walking out of the room as the other stared after him. The bandage lover had gone to a case that would make him stay at that place for about a month with Chuuya to stop an ability user that has been causing havoc around the city. A week passed,typings were the music he heard at the agency every time he was there to help out. Every time he was in the presence of light,he'd catch a glimpse of the candy lover but every time he wanted to chase after it,it would disappear. As many times as he told himself it was probably an illusion his mind made up,he still felt as if Ranpo really was there.

Today,he wanted to relax,get his mind off of things,how his heart ached about wanting to feel the Detective in his arms again. He sighed as he looked out from his balcony,sunshine beaming onto him but he still felt cold and empty,the sun didn't feel as warm as Ranpo and it hurt knowing he was missing and there was nothing he could do about it. He grimaced his teeth before pulling a bottle of ramune near to him,Ranpo's favourite drink. It felt a little refreshing to drink the missing man's favourite drink while looking at the very thing that reminded the writer of him,the sun.

As he was about to open the cap of the bottle,his eyes caught onto a ray of light beside him,once again catching a glimpse of the figure. This time though,it didn't disappear,instead it got more apparent. Right in front of him stood the figure he'd been searching for for a week,now bathed in bright sunlight.
"Ranpo-kun,is that you?"