Part 1: The Arrival

Chapter 1:The black and turquoise dragon hovered on the edge of his home island in the air he looked down and saw the queen staring at him expectingly she nodded towards the ocean and flung a wing out to wave him off, he turned to see his parents staring at him with a sad expression, tears starting to fill his eyes"goodbye" he mouthed to them then turned to fly away. Each wing beat away from home feeling heavier than the last. He felt like he could hear the queens voice the whole flight "break the curse" it continued to repeat in his conscious mind, he wished he could just live with his parents in there little house but the queen would never let him stay after how he looked so much like...Him.so he flew away. After 2 days of nonstop flying he finally saw land and sped up, he landed on a cliff side and collapsed near a few rocks. After a few minutes he knew he had to hide himself so he got up and looked around to find somewhere to rest. He curled up near a boulder that was angled so dragons flying above couldn't see him, Jay watched as a dragon walked along a beach not too far from where he'd landed. He ducked behind a boulder as he looked up "I know you're there mysterious dragon" he called suddenly '𝘈𝘮 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘰 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦? 𝘐𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦? 𝘐𝘚 𝘏𝘌 𝘎𝘖𝘕𝘕𝘈 𝘒𝘐𝘓𝘓 𝘔𝘌!'He thought with a shroud of fear "calm down,if I wanted to hurt you I already would've" 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 '𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦' 𝘐𝘴 𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦- his thoughts were interrupted as he was in front of him looking at him curiously "huh I thought her visions were broken or She was going crazy" he mused while looking up at him "who are you" he stammered not able to stop his voice from breaking. "Who are you" he questioned back earning a startled expression from Jay. He looked down at his talons and the new dragon sighed "I'm Rift, and your Jay, I assume your here to break the curse"his breath Caught in his throat, '𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬?"He looked up a little "I believe I can help with that" he said hesitantly then quietly added "if I can trust what they'll do when it's lifted..."He then stood up fully, he was about the same height as him. "Well how would you suppose we do that"he said his voice starting to calm down. He looked up at him a little confused "I thought that you would know how, you did fly all the way here..?" He looked rift in the eyes "y-yes I believe that's true" he said realising he didn't have a plan.'𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙?' He looked a bit confused but fixed his face nearly instantly "well then what's the plan Jay?"
It was a bit startling to have a dragon that looked so different to him say his name-even talk to him! It only just sunk in, this was a dragon of a completely different tribe than the ones he'd always known. His eyes grew wide as he looked him over "woah" he said quietly after looking at his under wings they were cobalt and baby blue and looked like they were changing every second darker and lighter. He must've seen him staring because he suddenly pulled his wings closer to himself but before he could Jay saw his underwings brighten as if they were glowing. "Well we can go to the rain forest?" He blinked at him '𝙍𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩? 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩?' But before he could ask rift was hovering in the air beckoning him to follow.Jay looked up at him and stretched out his wings starting to fly and once he was at level with him He was surprised to see the awe in his eyes "wow, you have wings like a bird!" Rift looked him in the eyes before snapping back into concentration "lets go"he starting flying "o-ok" Jay replied quickly before following. Surprisingly he was a fast flier and had to stop for him a lot, but after many breaks,they were there. It was huge and he wasn't exaggerating. He hovered in front of the canopies for a moment before seeing him continue past him and raced to catch up. Before long they were in the middle of the forest and at the edge of what seemed like a village of dragons but the dragons kept changing colour? Was he going crazy or something! Rift must've noticed his confusion because he giggled before talking. "Those are rainwings"he said and he looked at the confused dragon "they can change their scales at any time" his eyes grew wide '𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚!? 𝙇𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩?!'he looked back down '𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮...' he thought."we can go through the side,there aren't as many dragons that way"he looked at her once again"I usually have to go that way to stop getting glares from the dragons I've annoyed to death anyway" he ducked his head and snickered. "For some reason I can see that you would do that- and I dont even know you!" Jay said while chuckling. Rift looked at Jay his back facing the path they were about to fly and he spread his wings "well lets go then" Rift exclaimed while falling off the edge back first.The feathered dragon ran to the edge and looked down just in time for him to fly back up and just avoid hitting Jay in the snout. He looked up surprised and saw Rift hovering on the virge of laughing "o-okay let's go now" he giggled at the expression on Jays face "yes, ok, let's-uh, go"Jay said while ruffling his wing feathers and joined him hovering. Rift grinned at him and Jay knew what was about to happen, Riftbflipped over onto his back and fell with Jay trying and failing to follow him. Suddenly he spread out his wings and flew forward merely a few inches from the ground and glided into a run and then to a stop.Jay watched from higher up in the canopy still trying to fly down like a reasonable dragon. Once on the ground he walked over looked at Rift like a queen looking at a slug and walked onward. "when did you become so high and mighty?" Rift asked, obviously trying to keep himself from laughing at Jays terrible posture and attempt at looking queenly "I have no clue what you mean" he mused keeping his head high and shoulders raised "I've been like this since we met"this earned a weird look from Rift "whatever you say mr hide-behind-a-rock-and-take-a-nap-dragon . Jay dramatically gasped and continued the act while they walked towards the queens canopy.