Part 2:The Queen

They walked up to the canopy but Jay stopped just as they were about to fly up. Rift looked back at him confused "you coming?" He asked. "Y-yeah, I just.." Jay stammered looking worried. '𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘦?' He thought "What do you think they'll say?" He said instead. Rifts eyes softened and he twined his tail around Jays "don't worry" he said kindly "you'll be fine". Jae was still scared but Rifts Reassuring words helped. He took a deep breath in "alright" He sighed "let's go." They flew up their wings brushing as they landed on the canopy connected to the queens one. Rift and Jay walked past the rainwings, they were too startled by Jays look that they didn't say anything. Once in front of the line Jay was behind Rift a little scared about what was to happen until someone spoke up Clearly talking to Rift."Halt!" A black dragon who Rift had informed him was 'Deathbringer' shouted suddenly from ahead."State your business with the queen" He obviously hadn't seen Jay properly, Which Rift has also noticed.
"Oh.." Rift said with faux sadness "I'm sorry.. I thought the queen might want to know about a new tribe of dragon from a different continent, but I guess I'll leave.." He fake sniffled and turned around "come on Jay." Deathbringer finally looked at Feathered dragon, almost falling off the canopy in the process. "What in the moons?!" He called indignantly, catching himself before he fell. "What are you?!?!" Deathbringer shouted causing a few birds to fly away cawing offendedly. "What is all this ruckus" A new dragon stepped out of the canopy. She(?) Was a mix of a lot of colours mainly orange and blue which rippled white for a second as her expression turned to one of surprise , before turning back quickly her scales all fading back too. "Hello there." The dragon greeted to Jay nodding politely "sorry about my defective bodyguard" she said while flicking her tail to deathbringer. "Mrrble" Something said softly, catching Jae off guard, "rmmbre" it went again and now Jae saw what made the noise. A sloth lay around the queens neck cooing softly. "Rummble Rofff" the silver creature pulled of the dragons slightly. The rainwing ignored it, "Welcome to the rainforest, I am queen Glory of the Rainwings"she bowed slightly. Jay turned to see Rift bowing and he quickly followed suit, "Queen Glory" Rift said respectfully "I see moon told you about us coming." Glory looked at Jae "it seems she did" Glory beckoned for the dragons to follow her into the treehouse.Rift walked up to Jay slightly nudging him "Rift?" Jay looked up to meet his eyes "yes?".He looked at Rift feeling a little nervous to ask "are they gonna kill me?"Jay whispered, "why would they?" Rift whispered back a little alarmed "what did you do before I found you?". Jay looked offended "Nothing!"he whisper-shouted,Rifted stopped for a second looking confused "then why would they kill you?". Now it was Jays turn to look confused " because..?" He said slowly" we're at war?" Rift flapped his wings indignantly "WE ARE?!" He said a little too loud. "Yes?" Jay said now a little confused "what do you mean 'We are?'" Rift looked quite startled at this information "well, why didn't anyone tell me!"."Tell you what" they both turned to see Queen Glory staring at them, She turned to look directly at him. Jay gulped "New dragon." She said with such authority it reminded him of his old Queen Jay shrunk down "y-yes" he stuttered. "What do you mean, 𝗪𝗮𝗿"