chapter 2

A hot slap reverberated round the room and time stopped. Silence descended as all eyes turned to me.

The victim held his cheeks in surprise before yelling, "Did you just slap me?!"

I scoffed, "Is that a question?" I punctuated it with a smirk and he got up, he moved intimidating close to me while I stayed rooted in my position, his deadly looks wouldn't fear me. He was the wrong one here.

"Do you realize you just slapped me?" He thundered with fiery eyes and I scoffed.

"Of course," I snapped.

"Do you know who I am?"

This is where I wish I could roll my eyes but I didn't have that attribute.

"And what's my business with that? Whoever you are doesn't concern me, the fact that you're leeching off your parents money and spending it lavishly doesn't mean you can go around touching every girl's butt, I don't take that nonsense, I work at a brothel doesn't mean I'm a prostitute, have some shame will you?" I ended it with a scathing hiss and with that I stormed off ignoring his incessant calls and the looks every other person gave me.

Immediately I stepped out of the gambling parlor, I walked into the bar that was blasting with music, dropping my tray in annoyance which somehow caught few people's attention, Mama D walked into the bar with a look I knew too well, apparently she was aware of what just happened.

"K.Y," she called while heading towards her office as she claimed, I groaned before following her, it was crystal clear she was going to reprimand me.

"What was that nonsense you performed earlier?" She turned to me immediately we walked into her small office painted in green, the same colour as the whole house except the bar and club that had multi colours, it was the smallest room in the whole house which served a very big purpose.

"He crossed the line," I answered and she scoffed.

"What stupid line? See, K.Y, let this be the last time you'll slap a customer, you know this isn't your first time, next time I won't think twice before sacking you oo," she warned and I knew she was only bluffing, Mama D could never fire me, she had a soft spot for me and it was mutual too.

"But he harassed me," I pointed out and she dashed me a warning look.

"What kind of harassment is that? Do you know who the guy is Sha? Your mates are working as prostitutes oo and you're here complaining because he touched your butt," she hissed and I resisted the urge to hiss back.

"I'm sorry," I apologized half heartedly and she nodded.

"You can go and continue your work," she permitted as she walked to her wooden table, one that was shiny and polished, it was funny how the pimp's office looked like a real office meant for a decent person but then Mama D somehow looked decent, at first glance, you'll think she's decent but then she was a pimp who owned a bar, clubhouse and even gambling parlour.

"Thanks," I turned to leave the room, immediately I placed my hand on the door knob, the door opened and I squeezed my face before looking up at the person trying to walk in.

My eyes met with a pair of sparkling dark eyes whom I quickly recognised to be Gabriel a friend of the guy that I'd slapped earlier, he was a customer at the bar and I recognized him well always in company of another dark guy. But the idiot that harrassed me was just new, just his first time at the gambling parlor and he was already harassing someone like what the hell? Didn't Gabriel warn him about me? At least he knew I didn't take nonsense, he'd suffered a share from my wrath when he approached me disrespectfully believing I was a prostitute, I could never forget how I disgraced him that day so, why did he allow his friend suffer the same fate?

"Umm... I'm sorry for what my friend did earlier, he's not always like that, he was drunk, " he apologized and I scoffed internally, why was he apologising? Who was he trying to play nice to?

"And why are you apologising?" I inquired.

"KY," Mama D cautioned and I hissed before walking out of the room without sparing the guy any look.

"K.Y, I heard you caused another scene today," my elder sister's voice stopped me and I hissed before my eyes roamed her body, she was dressed in a strapless mini red gown that looked so flashy, apparently, she was going out.

"I didn't cause any scene ooo," I claimed and she laughed.

"KY, you've been causing a lot of scenes lately, the fact that Mama D likes you doesn't mean she can't fire you and you know your real source of income comes from her," she preached and I pursed my lips, the discussion was already getting me under the skin so, I decided to sweep it under the carpet.

"Where are you going?"

"I have work," she stated matter of factly and I scoffed.

"I hope you're coming home tonight Sha?"

She shook her head, "Till tomorrow, ehn, that reminds me, I have a job for you oo."

I hissed scathingly, "Please, I don't have time for your nonsense this night, I said I'm not interested, why do you keep on forcing me?"

She rolled her eyes and I eyed her, "It's not what you're thinking."

I lifted my brows, "Then what? Apart from sleeping with men what other job do you have?"

"An escort," she blurted out and I scrunched my brows.

"What's that?"

"It's what I just mentioned and the pay is hand..." The sound from her phone cut her short, bringing out her iPhone 12, one my sister just bought few days ago, she was someone who changed her phone like she did her cloth, whenever a new iPhone comes out, she do make it her priority to buy it and it was senseless to me.

"Oops I've got to go, we'll talk about this when I get back," she hurried off while I sighed before turning back only for me to come face-to-face with the idiot that harassed me, I hissed and eyed him prepared to walk away but the idiot blocked my way.

"Mr. Man, can you please move? I have customers to attend to oo," I uttered harshly and he stepped back.

"I'm really sorry, I don't know what came over me," he apologized while scratching his neck while I scoffed.

"Abeg, did you just realize that now?"

He nodded, "Yeah and I'm sorry, can we start afresh? I'm Tise by the way," he stretched forth his hand and I eyed it before erupting into a boisterous laughter, he stared at me with a confused expression before a customer called me and then I went over to attend to him.

After working till midnight, I decided to go to bed so far someone else was taking over my job. Keyshia was already asleep, so, I just knelt down for prayer before jumping on the bed. I couldn't sleep and the noise coming from the whole building didn't help matters, I wonder how Keyshia is able to snore in this situation.

My mind travelled back to what Kike had mentioned earlier about me working as an escort. Why was I even thinking about it gan? What's the difference between an escort and a prostitute?