chapter 15

TISE

As I stepped out of the classroom, I bumped into someone and heard a crash sound. Looking down to see what made the sound, the person I bumped into bent down to pick up his phone.

"Are you blind?" The guy queried obviously in annoyance as he picked up his phone.

"Sorry," I apologized and he looked up at me.

"Did you realize you've broken my phone?"

It wasn't until then that I looked at his phone. It was a Samsung phone and  the scratches were pretty bad.

"Sorry about that, I'll help you fix your phone."

"Don't worry about that."

"But you..."

"Jason," I heard Amara's voice call and turned to the direction of her voice. She was dressed in a flower-patterned mini gown which left me wondering how she entered the school in that kind of cloth but then our school only made the dress code known to us but they didn't enforce it. She smiled upon seeing me and walked up to us.

"How did you guys come in contact?" She questioned immediately she got to us.

"Do you know him?" Jason asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, he's my best friend, Tise, meet my boyfriend," she introduced and I glanced at the guy who was now glaring at me. Even the glare was more than the way he looked at me when I broke his phone, he probably believed we were more than best friends but I just couldn't imagine myself dating Amara.

"It's so unfortunate we met in a bad situation," he gave me a thin smile which I returned readily.

"What do you mean?" Amara looked from me to Jason.

"I bumped into him..."

"And he broke my phone," Jason completed.

"Oh," Amara looked down at his phone, "It's bad oo."

"And he has offered to fix it, right Tise?" he smiled at me. How childish could he be?

"Of course."

"That wouldn't be a problem for him but you can do it yourself too," Amara countered.

"Yeah but ..."

"I'll do it," I concluded and Amara nodded.

"Let's go for lunch, others would be waiting for us, you were heading to the cafeteria right?" She turned to me and I glanced at Jason who was still glaring at me.

"Yeah."

"Let's go."

***********

"I just don't understand Jason, fixing his phone isn't a problem for him at all, the guy is rich," Amara complained as we both entered my car, she'd insisted on coming with me to fix her boyfriend's phone and even offered to pay the bills which I declined.

"There's no way he'll be able to afford our tuition fee if he isn't rich, he just wanted me to fix it," I started the car and she hissed.

Our school was one of the most expensive private universities in the country and only the elites attended unless a scholarship was offered to the person and the sponsor could only be Amara's parents.

"That's so bad of him."

"You've been with this guy for more than a week, aren't you tired of him yet?" I inquired and she shook her head.

"Not yet whereas I haven't found any one more handsome than him."

"Looks like this one really likes you, why can't you just settle with him?"