chapter 4

"When are you leaving?" She finally inquired after my explanation.

"Soon," I replied succinctly and she raised her brows.

"How soon?"

"This afternoon."

"Wow," her eyes widened, "Come here," she opened her arms widely for a hug while I smiled before getting up from the chair to hug her.

"So no more food from you now?" She teased and I smiled before withdrawing from the hug. I always prepared our meal with ours, even though she owned Starlight, she was still my favorite person there.

I left her office minutes later for my room, while I was arranging my bag, the door opened swiftly and my eyes met with Kike who strolled in with a smile on her face.

"You're back?" I asked and she bobbed her head, she didn't sleep home last night.

Her eyes trailed to my bag and I didn't miss the confusion that settled on her pretty face, "Why are you packing?" She moved closer to me.

"I'm leaving," I blurted out and her eyes doubled its previous size.

"Leaving to where? Why? What's wrong?" She bombarded me with questions while I laughed.

"Kike, calm down," I uttered and this time she didn't dash me a warning look for calling her Kike but rather lifted her perfectly arched brows at me, I wondered how she still had time for make-up after staying out late though the make-up was light.

She shook her head which in turn made her braided hair move about,"How do you expect me to calm down when my sister is running away? Wait, are you eloping with your boyfriend? Is he rich?" Her eyes widened as if she realized something, "Don't tell me he's wealthy and you've decided to leave us to suffer alone? Does Keyshia even know?"

Laugh gurgled out of my mouth and she glared at me. Seconds later I was able to contain the laughter and decided to explain it to her, "Gosh! Kike, you think wildly a lot and no, I'm not eloping or anything, I got a job."

She heaved a sigh of relief before settling on the bed beside my bag, "And what's this job that you have to pack your stuffs?"

I pulled out the stool in front of my dressing table which also served as a study table for Keyshia, sitting on it, I faced her squarely, "It's a household job and that explains why I'm packing."

She creased her brows, "Household job? What's that? And I hope the pay is more than what you're earning Sha?"

I bobbed my head, "Househelp sha and the pay is a hundred thousand per month."

She nodded, "At least that's reasonable even though it isn't up to what I earn per day."

I pursed my lips, "And you can't help me with it."

She hissed, "When I told you to join me nko."

"And I'm not doing."

She waved her hands, "Whatever? Does Keyshia know?"

"Yeah and that reminds me, Kike..." She lifted her brows and I smirked, "Beauty or whatever, please ensure Keyshia takes her drugs ooo, we don't want her having another crisis again oo."

She cocked her head, "Don't worry at least Keyshia isn't a kid."

"It doesn't matter, sha monitor her."

"I've heard oo, you're always doing like mummy sha."

The smile that wanted to stretch out on my lips disappeared at the mention of our mother, just then, the buzz from my phone didn't make me dwell on it, without looking at my phone I knew it was Juliana, she was probably downstairs.