chapter 9

TISE

Immediately I revved the engine, the door opened and Gbemi hopped in. I turned to her with a surprised look.

"What are you doing here?" I inquired and she sat comfortably.

"What else? I'm going with you."

I scrunched my brows, "Why?"

She pursed her lips, "Do I need to have a reason to visit my cousins?"

"Can't you go with your car?"

She rolled her eyes, "Who answers a question with another question, definitely my senseless cousin, anyway, my boyfriend borrowed my car."

I shook my head, "Why would you let him borrow your car?"

"And why won't I?"

"Who answers a question with another question? Definitely my dull cousin."

She hissed before fastening the seatbelt, "Let's go or will we keep on talking here?"

I ignored her and then drove out of the school compound, we stayed in silence for some seconds before Gbemi broke the ice, trust Gbemi to never keep shut. She was so similar to Tumi, no wonder they were each other's favorite cousin.

"My birthday is this weekend, you know that right?"

I nodded, "Of course, so?"

"I'll be throwing a party," she announced and I glanced at her.

"Party for what? You're clocking seventeen, you threw a party last year and the one before, must you do that again?"

She hissed scathingly, "I should have known I was talking to Tise and not Tumi."

"Better," I agreed and she hissed.

"Tumi wants to see my boyfriend, can I invite him over for dinner? You know you'll be having dinner with Amara's family?"

I took a glance at her, "Invite who for dinner? You know I don't like that guy at all, you can invite him to your house and tell Tumi to meet you."

"You're so stupid," she slapped my head and I glared at her.

"Anyway, how did you know Amara's family is coming over for dinner?"

She gave me a look that read, 'you must be kidding me'

"Amara is your best female friend, didn't you guys talk about it and your mom didn't tell you?"

I shook my head, "Correction, she isn't my best female friend just my closest female friend."

"It's still the same thing," she deadpanned.

I didn't reply her so we stayed in silence for almost a minute and Gbemi being the talkative she was broke the ice yet again.

"Do you know Amara likes you?"

I tossed her a glance and a mischievous smile crept up her face.

"Do you expect her to hate me?"

"Huh, you're unbelievable," she huffed.

"Then what?"

"I mean she likes you as a guy, she has feelings for you."

"That's outrageous, Amara has her own boyfriend."

She pursed her lips, "Hmm, that doesn't mean oo."

"We are here," I announced as I drove into our compound. Parking the car by the garage, Gbemi jumped down and rushed into the house without waiting for me.