Chapter 1- Prologue

Author's note: I beg all readers to read the description for trigger warnings. 

~

The Tesseract.

I punched a couple of things into the computer before clicking a few buttons on the control panel.

"Almost ready," Selvig told me. "Just needs some time to boot up,"

I nodded and went back to stabilizing the Tesseract.

"When will it be ready, Selvig?" asked an impatient Loki from behind me.

"As soon as it's finished stabilizing and booting up," Selvig repeated.

"Good. Disloyal, talk to me,"

"What do you need to know, sir?" I asked, unmoving. My eyes stayed locked on the screen, focused.

"Look at me, Disloyal,"

I stopped typing and backed away from the computer, turning to Loki attentively.

"Kneel," he ordered. "Kneel before your king,"

I dropped to my knee immediately and knelt before him, bowing my head respectfully.

Loki chuckled softly from in front of me.

"Tell me who your master is," he ordered.

"You, sir," I answered dutifully.

"Tell me who your king is,"

"You, sir,"

"Tell me who you serve,"

"You, sir,"

"Very good. From today onward, you, Disloyal, are only to serve me. I am your king,"

"Yes, sir,"

"Now tell me, who is your king, your commander, your liege?"

"You are my king, sir,"

"Get back to work, Disloyal. Or, more accurately, my terribly loyal servant,"

I nodded and stood, going back to the computer and resuming my typing. 

"The reactor is almost stable, sir, we can begin to open the portal now!" Selvig exclaimed.

"Excellent. Do so as quickly as possible. I have a meeting with a specific Iron Man that I wouldn't like to miss," Loki replied, turning and walking away. He headed down to the balcony. I watched as Tony Stark dropped onto his landing pad and had his armor removed. 

"Foolish decision, really," I mumbled to myself, then went back to working on the portal.

A few minutes later, it was ready for activation. Selvig and I opened it up, and a beam of light shot into the sky, rippling, opening, and soon, creating a portal. 

Something tried to shoot at the reactor. I got hit nearly head-on, and the world span violently before going black.