Chapter 4- I try to lift Mjolnir

I searched around the room for Nat, but couldn't find her.

I scanned the bar, the lounge, even upstairs and on the roof, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

Finally, as I was walking back to yell at Stark, something grabbed me from behind and dragged me into an empty elevator.

I fought a little bit, but Natasha's voice came into my ear. "Hey... hey! It's me,"

I stopped fighting and smiled. "Where are you taking me?"

"A more private place. I thought we could use the time, considering that you've been locked up in your room since you got here,"

I laughed quietly. "Guilty,"

She kissed my cheek and walked around to embrace me. I let her.

"How's my girl doing tonight?" she asked.

"I'm doing... fine. I met Ava Wilder,"

"Oh, good. She was excited to meet you,"

"I can tell,"

"You're one of her role models, though she refuses to admit it,"

"I'm...honored?" 

The elevator door opened, and we both stepped out.

"What did you guys talk about?" Natasha asked.

"Our parent's deaths. Other deaths in our lives," I replied. 

Natasha nodded, and silence fell between us. "You did some research, didn't you?" she accused.

"Well... yes. Fine. I did," I admitted.

"What did you find out?"

"Well, I accidentally watched them make out,"

"They what?!"

I suddenly realized that Natasha probably didn't know everything I did.

"Er- yes... and I also saw Thor's argument with Loki. I'm staying neutral. I don't want to take a side... if that's what you're wondering."

Natasha nudged me playfully. "Smart,"

"Is that what you think of me? Smart?"

"Yes," she stopped and ran her hands through my hair. "I think you're smart, funny, cunning, ambitious, and you're useless with weapons,"

I laughed. "Loki thought so too. He literally came out and told me those exact words: 'You're useless with weapons'."

Natasha's face suddenly turned serious. Her hands fell from my hair and fell around my neck. "Are you still having nightmares about that?"

"It's not as bad," I lied. It had gotten so, so much worse.

"Good," she replied, leaning forward and kissing me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her in return.

"You know, I can teach you self-defense," Natasha breathed.

"I know," I replied.

Natasha pulled away and touched her nose to mine. "Why don't I start tomorrow? I could teach you everything I know. Well, almost everything," 

"Almost everything?" I questioned playfully.

"We can't have you being better than me, now, can we?" she joked, leaning forward and kissing me again, this time pressing me against the wall. She was clearly stronger than me, but she was surprisingly gentle as she continued to push me against the wall, flattening herself against me. I was starting to become very lightheaded and dizzy as my arms found their way around her neck and hers around my waist.