Chapter 17- The Avengers can't go a day without me

Author's Note: I'm sorry about the GIF, I just thought it was suitable. No, Loki does not make an appearance in this chapter(unfortunately). I feel like this GIF is not only suitable for this chapter but suitable for me for putting this GIF in a chapter where Loki does not come up. I guess karma is real.

~

I didn't know what it was, but something about soaring through the sky in your own custom Iron Man suit beside the real Iron Man who also is your adopted dad just so happened to make flying a lot cooler.

"So... did I miss anything special?" I asked.

"Yes, practically everything special," Tony replied. 

I groaned. "Start filling me in, then!"

"Well... how about I start with the stuff you missed before you came and found us at the safe house," 

"Sounds great,"

"Thor left to go find something, and he hasn't come back yet," Tony explained.

"What was he trying to find?!" I demanded.

"No clue. Next up, we got the cradle,"

"...cradle..?"

"The body Ultron is trying to put himself into,"

"ULTRON'S TRYING TO PUT HIMSELF IN A BODY?!"

"Yeah, he is. So anyway-"

"No, no, no, we don't just 'so anyway' that," I protested. "What is he planning on doing with a body?!"

"We aren't entirely sure yet. Besides, that's confidential. Anyway, Nat... Nat's been...ah... Russell'd."

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

"It means Ultron snatched her out of the back of the quinjet,"

"ISSHEALIVEDOYOUKNOWWHERESHEISOHMYGODTONYTHEAVENGERSAREFALLINGAPARTWITHOUTMEHOWCOULDYOULETTHISHAPPENITHOUGHTSHEWASTHEMASTERASSASINOFTHEGROUPIAMSOCONFUSEDWHAT?!"

"Could you repeat that all, just slower?"

I let out a breath of anger. "IS SHE ALIVE? DO YOU KNOW WHERE SHE IS? HOW COULD YOU LET THIS HAPPEN?! I THOUGHT SHE WAS THE MASTER ASSASSIN OF THE GROUP! I AM SO CONFUSED!"

"Well, if she was dead, Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it. I didn't let this happen, I was flying around nowhere near her. She is the master assassin of the group. I can't help that you're confused."

I could barely breathe through my growing rage. I had been through Ultron's prison system. It was not fun. If he was hurting Nat or starving her, he would pay dearly.

"We need to find her," I stated. "We will find her and we will bring her back,"

"That's the spirit, kid," Tony said with mock joy. 

"Anything else I need to know?" I grumbled.

"Um... nothing really. Just that I have an idea," Tony responded.

"Oh no. What sort of idea is this?" 

"I tell you when we get back,"

"Great," I muttered. 

"...you alright there, kid?"

"I leave...for... one day..."

"Yeah, sorry, but the Avengers can't really function without a strong female character,"

"You had Nat!"

"Yes, and now she's gone,"

"I am aware of that. Ultron's going to pay."

"I think we all have the same idea. Now, on another thought, I was punching programs into your suit. Mind giving it a go?"

I didn't really want to switch subjects, but sighed and went along with it anyway. 

"Tell FRIDAY to open your coding program and run your hacking platform," Tony instructed.

"FRIDAY, open my coding program and run my hacking platform," I commanded. 

FRIDAY displayed a screen in front of my eyes. At the top, it said, "best choices". Below that was a string of commands, such as "power off (Nearest_Source_of_Engergy)" and "disable (Nearest_Cell_Tower)"

"Woah," I gasped. "This- this is great!"

"Try it out," Tony suggested.

"Um, okay. FRIDAY, how do I work this?" I asked.

"State what you want to do and I will run that program," FRIDAY responded.

"Er- okay," I studied the programs. "Activate all magnets in the Iron Man suit,"

"HEY!" Tony protested as his metal arms clung to his sides and his metal legs snapped together.

"Okay, now stop!" I quickly commanded as the suit began to try and cave in on itself.

"Could you have chosen any other command?!" Tony grumbled.

"Hey, wait a minute... you missed a few," I pointed out. "I can't power off your thrusters... or your suit... I can barely mess with your suit!"

"Good,"

"Aw, come on, what if you're attacking me without your own consent, like what you told me happened with Rhodes, and I can't stop you?!"

"Then Nat will,"

"What if Nat can't?!"

"Then Steve will,"

"WHAT IF STEVE CAN'T?!"

"Then Rhodes will,"

"WHAT IF NOBODY CAN HELP ME?!"

"Then I'll stop attacking you,"

"NO, YOU WON'T!"

"Says who?"

"SAYS THE LAWS OF HACKING!"

"I guess you'd just have to do it the hard way, in that case,"

"Why do you have to be so difficult?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?"

"I- wha- I don't-"

"Yes, you do. Don't worry, questions are good. Questions make answers,"

"Mhmm," I nodded, unsure of what to think.

Tony sighed. "Eyes on the skies, Iron Girl,"

"Alright," I obeyed, lifting my head and keeping an eye out for planes and helicopters. Suddenly, his words sunk in.

"Hey," I realized, "Did you just call me 'Iron Girl'?"