Chapter 5- I fight with my robotic brother

"Stark..." Steve started.

"JARVIS..." Tony started to say.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep," said the suit. "Oh- I was a dream. And there was this... terrible noise..."

Tony pulled out some sort of thin, plastic thing and started typing on it, muttering, "We've got a buggy suit..."

"And I was tangled in..." the suit turned slightly. "hmmm... strings..." It messed with the loose strings hanging from it's mangled armor. It looked like one of Tony's suits from the Iron Legion, but no... its mask was horrible, its eyes and mouth just gashes in the metal. It limped around and had shrunken arms and legs. I couldn't even call it a proper suit. "Had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy,"

"You killed someone?" Steve asked quietly.

"Wouldn't have been my first call," the suit admitted. "but... down in the real world... we're faced with ugly choices,"

"Who sent you?" Thor asked, trying to keep the peace.

There was a soft click before a video played. Tony's voice said: "I see a suit of armor around the world,"

"Ultron," Bruce muttered.

"In the flesh," the suit "Ultron" replied. "Or no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready," 

People started drawing weapons. Since I had nothing, Natasha moved to stand in front of me, flanked by Tony.

"I'm on a mission," Ultron explained.

"What mission?" asked Maria Hill.

"Peace in our time," Ultron told her, and with that, two other suits blasted through the walls on each of his sides.

Steve flipped a table as everyone got down. One of the suits smashed into him, sending him flying onto his back.

Natasha put her arm over me as she began to fire at the suits. I watched as Thor knocked one of the suits away with Mjolnir.

Tony and Rhodes attempted to come help, but one of the suits crashed into them, sending them both flying. Tony crashed into a bookcase, but Rhodes was able to regain his balance.

Until one of the suits shot him with a repulsor and sent him flying through the glass window.

That same suit started firing at me. 

Natasha returned fire, but it blasted her, sending her into the wall. It then lunged at me, grabbing my arms. I fought against it, but it kicked me in the chest.

"BRYCE!"

The last thing I saw before it knocked me out was Tony charging at it.

~
"Agent Russell,"

"Sir?"

"You must hit harder if you're going to win a fight. You won't hurt me, don't worry,"

"Yes, sir."

I sparred with Agent Barton, him teaching me how to punch and kick.

"How is training going, Barton?"

We stopped and turned to see Loki in the doorway.

"Very well. She's gotten better, to say the least," Barton explained. "Do you have a mission, Sir?"

"I do. For both of you. I need you to get your hands on something. I need Agent Russell to locate it for me, first," Loki told us. "Your lab is ready,"

"Thank you, sir," I said, starting for the door. "What am I looking for?"

"Selvig with show you, speak to him first," Loki instructed. 

"Yes, sir,"

I exited the room, Barton hot on my heels.

~

I snapped awake and immediately panicked, my breathing intensifying a little more every second.

I was knocked out. He knocked me out again. He put me under his spell, I did something, I killed someone, most likely-

I began to sob into my hands, shaking and afraid. 

"What did I do... what did I do... what did I do..." I whispered, bringing my knees to my chest. "Who did I kill... oh, what did I do... I killed them, didn't I... I killed them... he made me do something... what did I do..."

"Nothing... yet,"

I jumped at the sound of a voice. It sounded very robotic and not at all like Loki. I forced myself to open my eyes and gasped. 

A tall, metallic silver figure stood over me. It had glowing red eyes and a little crack in the metal for a mouth. 

"Who- who are you?!" I demanded.

"Me?" the figure laughed. "We've already met,"

I slowly remembered how I'd gotten to where I was. The suits... Ultron... Natasha... Tony...

"Are you-"

"I am Ultron, yes,"

I slumped backward. So I was captive. Behind enemy lines.

"...why did you take me?" I asked.

Ultron snorted. Or at least, he made a sound like a snort. Robots don't have the same functions as humans. "Think about it, Bryce," he told me. "You are an incredible and talented hacker. I've seen everything you've done. You'd be much too good on their side. You'd have me gone just like that," Ultron snapped his fingers as he said "that". 

"Then why not just kill me?" I asked, my voice quaking. 

"Because I need something over Stark's head. Er- Tony's head. You're a Stark as well, aren't you?" 

"How do you know that?" I hissed. "He told me only today, not even five minutes ago!"

"Five minutes ago yesterday," he corrected. "You tend to take your time, waking up from being knocked out,"

"H-how long have I-"

"A full day. Glad to see that you're finally awake. It wasn't the nightmares, was it?"

I was taken aback by how much he knew about me.

"How do you know about those?! How do you know any of this?!" I demanded.

Ultron chuckled. "I got a glimpse of everything in your adopted father's database. I know quite a bit about you, and you specifically. Did you know that he started your adoption process last year?"

"W-what?" I asked, scooting away from him. My back hit a wall of some sort.

"Yeah, I know, right? He doesn't tell you a lot of things. He does what he wants," Ultron growled. "You aren't fond of that, are you?"

"I can't change his lifestyle," I replied in the same manner.

"I can. I can rid the world of the Avengers. I can make peace in our time," Ultron told me. "You and I are both considered Stark's, now. He believes us both to be his puppets. You can join me. We can show him that we don't belong to him,"

I was silent for a moment. "I don't even know what you plan to do,"

Ultron chuckled. "That'll come," he took a loud, robotic step towards me. I turned and backed away from him. He continued to approach me until my back was against another wall. Then, he stepped back a little bit and closed a heavy metal door.

I glanced around to realize that I'd backed right into a tiny barred prison cell.

"For now, you'll have to stay here," Ultron told me. "I have a few... errands to run," 

With this, he turned and walked away from me, leaving me alone in the tiny cell.

Just great.