Chapter 07: The Baka Trio

The boat arrived on Zevil Island, and in order of arrival in the big room of the tower, the examinees disbordered in 2 minute intervals.

Yugure got off and promptly dissapeared into the woods. The three who had been watching her observed as she vanished.

"See, this is just the kind of thing it'll have an unfair advantage in over the rest of us" one said. "But this is where we get to make it 'disappear' without anyone asking questions" the second said.

The third just chuckled shakily, and they all got off one at a time. Yugure walked along, thinking about the best way to track her own target.

'He's better than me, even I can tell. So how to sneak up on him, since it would be best to surprise him...' She thought.

She'd watched him on the ship, and he emitted an aura of quiet competence. She knew when she was outmatched, and yet was thrilled at the thought of being able to challenge herself with a stronger opponent.

This gave her a skip in her step as she walked through the woods. Her ears flicked as she picked up three pairs of feet following her. She smirked, knowing it must be the idiot trio from the boat. Slowing her steps she made an obvious trail in the woods, thinking it would be more fun to have them chase her for a bit before she took them out.

Calculating in her mind, she realized I'd she took their tags, she wouldn't need to get her target's. She was both relieved and disappointed at the same time, but sighed and turned.

"Oi, moron squad, get yur @$$€$ out here" she called. No response. Annoyed she appeared behind one of them and kicked him out into the open. Repeating with the other 2, she then stood over them, glaring down with menacing orange eyes.

The three sprawled before her were the triplets, Umori, Amori, and Imori. "So, did you have business with me?" She asked. The three sprang to their feet and tried to tower over her. She was short, shorter than them by a foot or so, but her eyes remained calm.

"Y-yeah, we don't like a freak like you interfering with this exam" the one in a blue turtle neck stuttered in a quavery voice. "Ah, so" Yugure said, crossing her arms. ("Ah, so" is a phrase that basically means "I see")

"And how, exactly, were ya plannin' on making sure I didn' interfere with yur precious exam?" Yugure asked, grinning sarcastically. Umori, the broadest of the bunch, cracked his knuckles "By beating you of course!" He said, lunging mid sentence.

In one smooth movement Yugure dodged his fist, grabbed his wrist, and flipped him into his back with a loud 'hwomp' sound. All the air was knocked out of his lungs and he gasped. Yugure grinned "Extra points for attacking me while I was distracted with asking you questions, but your movements were too obvious and over exaggerated. You get a 1/2 of 10" she said.

Amori and Imori stared in shock at their downed brother, then both charged Yugure. She looked up as they leaped at her and suddenly she was gone. The two ran too far, unable to stop, and stumbled over their oldest brothers body.

Yugure clicked her tongue "tch tch, so sloppy, and far too predictable, you two get 0" she said, glaring down at them. They gulped in unison, realizing as they stared into her murderous eyes and her claws came out, that maybe this hadn't been such a good idea.

~Some time later~

Yugure strolled though the pleasant forest, humming to herself. She figure they must have learned their lesson. Then she halted dead in her tracks. "Agh!!! I furgot ta take their number plates!!!" She cried, hands on her head. Her tail lashed and she sighed, suddenly drooping, ears and all.

"Looks like I have to go after my original target after all" she muttered, scratching the back of her neck, and started following his scent. It led her strangely to someone she wasn't expecting. Apparently the idiot squad hadn't learned at all, because the one in the tutrle neck was stalking Killua of all people.