Chapter 02: Coincidence or Luck?

-Yugure's POV-

We ran for a long time in total silence, not really needing conversation. It was a comfortable silence.

Of course it didn't last. Leorio was getting tired and me and Gon just kind of jogged along while he panted for breath.

He lost it when he saw a kid riding a skateboard. "Hey! You! That's cheating, show some respect for the Hunter Exam!".

I blinked and yawned "Leorio, that ain't cheatin', that mate is called good thinkin'" I said, stuffing my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

"But this is an endurance test!" Leorio protested. "No, Yugure is right Leorio, the examiner only told us to follow him" Gon interjected.

"Oi guys! Who's side are you on!" Leorio exclaimed. The white haired kid on the skateboard slowed down so he was riding next to us, because we were a little behind Leorio, by choice.

"Oi, how old are you two" he asked. "12" Gon replied. "12" I stated, looking at him. Gon glanced at me, then at the boy, and sweatdropped, little did I know he was thinking 'uh oh...'.

"Ho...I'm Killua" he said. "I'm Gon" Gon replied. "My names Yugure" I said, removing my hand from my pocket to pull on my hood, checking it's placement.

"Well, I guess I'll run as well" Killua said, and did a trick with his skateboard, landing on his feet and starting to jog beside us.

"Cool!" Gon grinned. I impulsively hugged Killua. "O-Oi, what are you doing!" He demanded. Gon sighed "I thought this would happen, she hugs things she finds adorable out of nowhere" Gon explained to Killua as I let him go.

"Ah, sorry Killua, I just do...I don really know why" I said. "Wait...did you just say she!" Killua asked Gon, smoothing his ruffled hair.

I anime tripped and fell, face faulting the ground of the tunnel. I quickly got up and caught up to them "Do I really look that much like ah guy!" I sweatdropped.

Everyone nodded and I face faulted again. I sighed and jogged along beside them, zoning out. Until I felt a tug on my sleeve.

"Hm? Whad'ya want?" I asked, looking into Gon's big brown eyes and resisting the impulse to hug him.

"Do you wanna race us Yugure?" He asked. I grinned "What're the conditions?". "The loser has to buy the winners dinner" Killua said.

"Hell yeah!" I cried, dinner? well yeah! its.free.foooooooood. "Ready, set...Go!" Gon said, and we took off. We ran past people who had fallen down and we asked each other stuff.

I ended up learning Gon was becoming a Hunter to find his dad. Killua was doing it for fun, and I told them the truth when I was asked.

"Ah, I want to fight strong people" I grinned. "Really? Why?" Gon asked. I shrugged "Cause I feel like it I guess, I was gettin' bored at home, it's really isolated so nothin' interestin' happens besides ah occasional raid" I said.

"You said you lived in a place called the Numere Wetlands right?" Killua said. "Yup, that's right, it's not too far from here actually" I said.

"Hm...cool, but if you two keep talking, I'll leave you behind!" Killua said, speeding up. "Oh no ya don't!" I cried, catching up to him, Gon laughed and did the same.

We all ran up the stairs because somewhere a while back we'd gone from flat ground to stairs, I wasn't really paying attention.

A light in the distance started to get clearer and people sighed with relief "Its almost over!" one guy shouted. "I doubt it mate~" I called back as we passed him.