nosaj

Jason, Jade, and Doctor Strange were sitting down eating the stir fry Jade had cooked up for them, talking mindlessly amongst themselves when a knock sounded on the door.  "Were either of you expecting company?" Jason looked to Jade and Strange, both of them shaking their heads in the negative. Jason stood up,  grabbing a knife before walking to the door. He opened it slowly, peaking around the corner. "Oh, hey Damian. What brings you here?"

Damian didn't say anything at first, he just pushed past Jason and walked into the apartment, hands in his pockets. The young boy eyed Jade and Strange coolly before bringing his attention back to Jason. "The timeline has been pushed forward.  It is time to act, now."

Jason furrowed his brow. "What are you talking about, Damian?"

The child said nothing he just walked up to Jason with his hands still in his pockets. Damian quickly jerked his hand out of his pocket, tossing a hypodermic needle to Strange, who expertly caught it. Jade's eyes widened and she looked at Jason. "Red, run!" 

Strange stabbed Jade with the needle and the women passed out instantly, collapsing into the armchair. Jason turned to Damian just as the child was plunging his own needle into Jason's body. Jason grunted as the liquid went coursing through his veins, his head instantly feeling as if it were on fire. "Gah!"

Damian smirked, looking to Strange. "Your money - and proof - is on it's way."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you." Doctor Strange nodded, walking out of the apartment. 

Jason looked up at Damian as  he held his head on the floor, kneeling in front of him. "W-what did you give me?"

Damian crouched down in front of the young man. "Your memory restoration wasn't going as quickly as I needed it to, so I gave you a little...boost. You're welcome." 

Jason groaned, collapsing fully to the ground as his vision went completely black and he passed out. 

It was dark, impossibly dark, and  he wasn't alone, that much he knew. Where he was, he couldn't tell, just that it was wet, warm, and comforting. Jason tried to open his eyes but couldn't, finding his eyelids to be like lead. 

That's when he heard the voices. 

"Daughter, what have you done?"

"Father, I need him. He is a son of my beloved. Perhaps if he sees that I have restored his life, he'll - "

"Talia, your obsession with a man who repeatedly forsakes and rejects you is weak and pathetic. The detective does not love you like you love him. He never will. He will take both the sons you have given him and turn them against you, you know this."

Silence. 

The sound of retreating footsteps and much lighter approaching ones filled Jason's ears.

"Mother, who is that?" 

"My sweet Damian, this is your brother, Jason. I have restored his life to him."

"Oh. Will he be staying with us?"

"With me, yes. I will be sending you to train with Sensei."

"What? Why?"

"Matters are getting much too dangerous here and I cannot risk your life, Damian. A war is coming and I do not wish to see you in the crossfire."

"...what about Jason?"

"He will be staying. I have a...purpose for him here."

Out of nowhere, Jason felt liquid fill his lungs and he began gasping, the darkness suddenly becoming overwhelming and terrifying. 

That's when new voices began to speak. 

"You're too reckless, Jason! You never think anything through and you are going to get somebody killed, most likely yourself!"

Jason felt his heart clench. That voice...it sounded similar to Batman, but more human, more like - 

"Bruce is right, Jay. You need to use your brain."

Wait, that voice sounded like Dick Grayson, and he said Bruce...so that must mean Bruce Wayne is Batman and Dick is Nightwing, the former Robin. Why do they sound so hateful and angry at Jason? Aren't they supposed to be his mentors?

"You know, sometimes I regret bringing you to the manor. Sometimes I feel as if I should've left you in crime alley."

Jason felt ice fill his veins. Bruce regrets taking him in...he regrets saving him from a life of crime, he regrets being his father. 

Without warning, the liquid in his lungs turned icy and the wetness was no longer warm and comforting, it was now bone chilling.

Feeling a blade pressing into his neck, Jason heard his own voice speaking. "I knew you would see reason, Brucey."

"Just know, Jason, the Lazarus pit was wasted on you. You should've stayed dead, we were all better off." 

Gasping, Jason launched himself off the ground, his heart pounding in his chest. He found himself in his apartment, no longer in the darkness. Looking around he saw Damian sitting on the couch sipping a cup of tea, Jade passed out on the armchair next to him. Damian stared at Jason calmly. "Ah, I see you have gotten back from your trip down memory lane. How was it?"

Jason narrowed his eyes. "Bruce Wayne is Batman?" Damian nodded. "And he is your father?"

"Yes. I am the son of Talia al Ghul and Batman." Damian stated proudly, something glinting in his eyes when he looked at Jason. "As are you, since your resurrection."

The older male shook his head. "Bruce Wayne is no father of mine. And soon, he won't be a father to anyone else."

"Oh?" Damian arched a brow, looking at the young assassin before him. "And why is that?"

Jason snarled, his chest heaving and hands shaking with adrenaline. "I am going to kill the Batman."

Hi y'all, it has been like six months since I have updated this story and I apologize. I have been having a rough go at it. 

Anyways, enough about me. Sorry this was so short but hopefully it was enjoyable?

Until next time! 

(Hopefully sooner than six months away)