weep

I have Show Yourself stuck in my head. SPOOPY HALLOWEEN.

This is literally so short but I just wanted to get something out there for y'all. I'm sorry for neglecting this story. I just go thru waves of motivation and inspiration. 

"So, what are we going to do with the doc?" Jason asked Jade, looking at the man who could supposedly 'fix' his brain. 

"What do you mean? We are going to pay him handsomely to put your mind back together, of course." Jade smirked at her younger companion. "And if he doesn't - or can't - we will kill him. Simple as that."

Doctor Hugo Strange rolled his eyes. "I assure you, miss, I can do as you ask."

"You better be able to back up your claim or we will make your death as painful as possible, I assure you."  Jade narrowed her eyes at the man. 

Strange scoffed. "Miss, I am a renowned psychologist and geneticist, I will be able to complete the task you put before me. That is not the question here. The question is, why is it so important to you? What do you stand to gain from this young man gaining access to his memories and having his mind repaired, hmm?"

Jason turned to Jade, looking closely at her before turning back to Strange. "Listen, Cheshire here has been the only one to actually give a damn about me, and not just the mission. She was the one to actually put in the effort to track me down after I went into hiding following the whole Lazarus pit fiasco. She was the one to stick by me and follow what I was comfortable with, not pushing some outdated ideals and morals onto me. Cheshire was the one to forsake the goddamn League of Shadows to help me. Why? You ask why? She 's told me why. She feels guilty for not helping sooner. She had the chance to help sooner but she didn't want to risk her neck. And now, well, now she is willing to make up for that."

Strange smiled at the duo, leaning back in the chair that Jade and Jason had placed him in as soon as they got back to Jason's apartment. He eyed the two of them like a predator, a gleam in his eyes. "She had the chance to help you sooner, but refused? Why would she not want you to have your memories?"

"That's not what I- she does want me to have my memories. She didn't help me sooner with a different problem." Jason furrowed his brow. 

"And what was that problem? It must've been a big problem for Jade to feel so guilty that she is willing to fight Batman for you." 

Jason screwed his eyes shut, his head beginning to throb. "I...I-I can't remember. I know...I know it involved her...and, possibly Batman and the Shadows. But I don't know anything else! And it is frustrating. I have all these scars on my body but none of the stories that go with them." He opened his eyes. "The only thing I knew when I came out of the pit was that I wasn't supposed to be alive and that it was Talia al Ghul's fault."

Strange hummed, glancing at Jade. "Were you present when he came out of the pit?"

"Yes. What does that have to do with anything?" Jade narrowed her eyes at the doctor, her arms crossed over her chest. 

"Oh, just gathering information, trying to get a clear picture of what happened, exactly." Strange chuckled. "It is getting late and I can tell my patient is beginning to get a headache. We will continue in the morning, yes?"

Jade looked to Jason, noticing the way he was rubbing his temples. She turned back to Strange. "Alright. I will show you to your quarters. You think about running away in the night, just know, we will find you and we will make you eat your own entrails."

"Lovely." Strange scoffed. "After you, miss."

Jade glanced back at Jason one last time before walking away with Strange, leaving Jason alone in the living room of his apartment. He sank into the couch, staring down at the floor as his mind raced, trying to piece back the fragments of his memories. 

Groaning, he stood up and walked to towards the door, stopping when he heard Jade's voice. "Are you really going to leave a strange man in your apartment?'

"Did you really just make that joke?"

"It was in front of me, I had no choice."

Jason rolled his eyes jokingly. "I'm going to the roof. Besides, we both know you handcuffed him to the bed and drugged him. You're good like that."

"Of course. Care for some company?" Jade offered. 

Jason thought about it. "Actually, I think I need some time to process things by myself right now. Thank you for your help collecting Strange."

"Of course. See you later, Jason." Jade brushed past him and continued in the opposite direction of him in the hallway, heading down the stairs to her bike. 

Jason made his way to the roof, sitting on the edge while his feet dangled off the edge. He stared at the traffic below, his face blank as he let his mind ponder over everything he knew so far about his past. 

It was a few moments later that Jason gripped the edge of the ledge with one hand, reaching into his pocket with the other. In one fluid motion, he whirled around as he pulled his hand from his pocket and produced a throwing knife, pushing off with his hand on the edge of the roof to get into a crouching position. Glaring at the shadows at the other end of the roof, he smirked slightly at a certain spot before hurling the blade at his target. Hearing it hit his mark, he jumped off the ledge to land on the main part of the roof, cautiously approaching the shadows. 

"I know you're there. I hit you. Come on out and stop being a creep." Jason called out. 

A grunt was heard before the shadows began to move and out stepped one of Jason's worst fears and what he thinks to be the cause of all his problems. 

Batman.