erihsehc

I meant for this to come out like a week ago lol but my life got a bit messy and here we are. also, this book is going to get real dark so prepare yourselves. not as dark as some of my upcoming stories like [REDACTED] but similar.

Jason stretched his arms high above his head as he sat up in bed, a yawn coming out of his mouth as his alarm blared next to him. Reaching over to turn it off, the ebony haired teen rolled out of bed in the process, strolling over to his bureau to grab clothes for the day to change into.

After brushing his hair and teeth and getting dressed, the assassin made his way down the hallway to the room that he was keeping Doctor Strange in. He opened it to find the Doctor handcuffed to the bed sitting in an awkward seated position with a glare on his face. "Was this really necessary? I agreed to help you. Did you really have to go to such lengths as to restrain me and drug me?" Jason arched a brow and the man snorted. "There must be a level of trust between patient and provider - "

"I don't trust anyone." Jason shot back.

Strange smiled a slimy grin. "Not even Cheshire?" Jason glared at the man but stayed silent. "Hm. And after she has given so much to help you."

"Do you want to be uncuffed or what?" Jason snarled.

"Yes, yes. No need to get testy."

"Oh, believe me. You'll know when I get testy." Jason smirked, pulling a key out of his pocket. He unlocked the handcuffs on the Doctor's wrists, slipping the cuffs and key back into his pocket and stepping away from the man. "Breakfast is in the kitchen. Come eat. Or don't."

"Is it poisoned?"

"Poisons are Jade's thing." Jason called over his shoulder as he walked to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. A moment later Strange came into the kitchen, eyeing the food wearily. Jason rolled his eyes and took a bite of his eggs. "See? Not poisoned."

"Okay."

"Why would we poison you? We need you alive and in peak condition to treat Jason." The two males turned to see Jade slipping in through the adjourning living room window in her Cheshire outfit, sans mask. She grinned a wry grin at the two. "Hello, Strange. Hey, Jason."

"Cheshire."

"Jade, I have a front door." Jason sighed, pouring the assassin a coffee.

"But it is much more entertaining to use the window, you know this." Jade chuckled, accepting the coffee from Jason. "Have you two started today's session yet?"

"No. We were just having breakfast, then we were going to begin." Jason looked to Strange to make sure he got the memo. Strange nodded along.

"Yes. One can't perform psychotherapy on an empty stomach." Strange mused, taking a tentative bite of a bagel that Jason placed in front of him a moment earlier. He eyed the younger male, a sinister look flashing through his eyes before he spoke once more. "Will Cheshire be joining us?"

"Yes, of course. I need someone to make sure you don't try anything with my mind." Jason narrowed his eyes at the man, having a feeling he knew what he was playing at.

Strange raised a brow as he brought the coffee cup to his lips. "Oh, so you do trust her, then? Interesting."

Jade looked between the two men and rolled her eyes. "Jason knows better than to trust anyone in our line of work. We don't trust each other, we understand each other. We were both used and wronged by the same people. We know what drives the other."

"Oh? Is this true, Jason?" Strange turned to his patient with an eerie look. Jason suppressed a shudder as he nodded. "Very well. I will allow her to stay."

"Nobody allows me to do anything, mister." Jade sneered. "Don't think for a second you aren't replaceable."

"Jade." Jason looked to his sister figure, giving her a stern stare. She rolled her eyes once more but backed off. Jason gave his attention back to the doctor, sipping on his coffee. "Let us begin."

"Are you sure you want your memories back? Once we begin this process, we cannot turn back." Strange warned the teen.

"I need my memories. I can't keep living like this." Jason grit out.

"Very well then. Let us move somewhere more comfortable. We have a lot of work to do." Strange stood up, walking to the living room with Jason and Jade right behind him. The trio sat down on the couch and in the arm chair, staring at one another. Strange cleared his throat, looking at Jason. "Let's start with the Lazarus pit fiasco as you put it. I assume you had access to a Lazarus pit due to Talia al Ghul?"

Jason screwed his eyes shut. "Probably?"

"Think, Jason. Concentrate. How did you end up needing a Lazarus pit?"

Jason thought back as far as he could remember, flashes going through his mind.

Batman.

A warehouse.

An explosion.

Waking up with the League of Shadows.

He opened his eyes. "I think...I think I may have died twice."

Strange leaned forward and Jade looked closely at Jason, her expression unreadable.

"Oh? How did you die the first time?"

Jason clenched his fists, glaring at the floor. "Batman."

"Elaborate."

"That...that is all I know. All I remember. He was a part of it. There was...a warehouse and an explosion and I died before waking up with the Shadows...and Batman knew. He planned for my death!" Jason snarled. "That bastard!"

Strange hummed, his face completely blank. Jade was still unreadable next to Jason, her eyes boring into him as Strange spoke. "How do you know he planned for your death?"

Jason sagged. "I...I don't know. A gut feeling? Something...something a kin to when a word is on the tip of your tongue but you can't quite remember it." Jason groaned. "I hate this! I just want my memories."

"Patience, Jason. In time, they will come. Now, let us discuss something else. Can you remember any of your time with the Shadows? Or your childhood? Let us start with what you do remember, this might jog your memory."

Jason sighed, going along with the Doctor's orders as he launched into what he remembered about his childhood, not paying attention to his partner in crime as she casually adjusted a houseplant on the table next to the couch, too focused on trying to regain his memories.

Perhaps if he had looked closer at what Jade was doing, he would have caught on sooner.