five- five weeks

It had been three weeks since Amy returned from Europe.  The March home wasn't the same as it was before, it wasn't just because of Beth.  The youthfulness that once filled every room was gone.  The sisters have grown up.  Of course there was a new sense of cheerfulness, with Father being home and the family being together again.  Most of the family.  The warmth and comfort of fall was becoming more crisp and cold.  Jo didn't mind the cold.  She enjoyed being out when the air felt clean, but hated when it was too cold for comfort.  

It had been three weeks since Amy returned from Europe.  It had been four weeks since Jo had written the letter to Laurie.  It had been five weeks since Fred proposed to Amy.  And in five weeks Amy will go back to Fred, to begin preparations for her wedding.

"I want you all to come to the wedding,"  Amy told her family.  Amy hadn't particularly dreamed of being a bride like Meg had, but she wasn't opposed to the Idea like Jo was.  She never had known what her future would be until recently.  She always had dreams, of course, but she had never thought too hard about them until Aunt March had confronted her.  You are the families hope, she had told her.  You must marry rich.

"Thats a lovely thought Amy, but I'm not sure if that would be possible," Meg said with a sympathetic look.  Jo, Meg, Amy, Marmee, and Hannah all sat in the attic.  

"Nonsense!" Amy exclaimed.

"Oh Amy! I wish we could, but you know we don't have the funds," Marmee explained.

"Nonsense!" she said again, "I'll write to Fred, I will not be without my family."

"I don't know Europe is a long trip, I just don't think I can leave Daisy and Demi here.  And I can't bring them either," Meg told her sisters.  Amy looked down in defeat.

"I'll talk to your father about it, and we'll see what we can do."

Amy looked to Jo, who had been silent throughout the conversation.  "Jo?" she asked hopefully.

"What??" Jo looked up.

"What about you?"

"Well, uh- I don't know," Jo muttered.

"You've always wanted to go to Europe Jo!" Amy noted.

"Jo!  You should go," Meg commented.

"I can't go alone!" Jo objected, as she looked to Marmee.

"You could go with Laurie," Amy offered.  Everyone nodded.  "Please Jo!"  Amy desperately wanted her sister to be with her.

"Well I suppose-"

"YES!" Amy yelped and pulled Jo into a big hug.  The whole family laughed together.

Jo really was excited for Europe, she had always wanted to visit a new place.  She felt bad for Amy, she couldn't imagine spending such a big moment without her family.  She was happy she could be there for her sister.  Jo couldn't help but wonder how Amy truly felt about Fred Vaughn.  She never got around to asking her.  

"Thankfully we all have some time left to spend together," Marmee said pulling all the girls into a hug.  Jo felt happy, she hadn't felt like this in a while.  "And Jo, you have something to look foward to."

Marmee was right, a trip in unknown cities was exciting.  It was quite scary to be in a new place, but thrilling.  Besides Laurie would be there to help her.  Laurie.  A whole trip alone with Laurie.  She didn't know whether to be excited or nervous.  Either way it was exciting.

In five weeks Amy will go back to Europe.

And in eight weeks Jo would go to Europe with Laurie.

Heyyyy everyone.

Sorry this chapter is so short but hopefully it will get you excited for what's to come.  

also has anyone listened to olivia rodrigo's new song yet?  thats kind of random, but i just wanted to know.

btw i don't have a song for this chapter :(

see you soon 

-kyndal