thirteen- you're brilliant

A loud BANG on Jo Marches door woke her up from a dream she was quite invested in.  

"JO!  Wake up!" Amy shouted from outside the guest bedroom door.  

"OKAY!"  Jo shouted back.  She struggled to rise from the comfort of the large and warm bed.  Pushing herself up, she stumbled towards the door and opened it quickly.  "What do you want?"

"The wedding is approaching, and we're not nearly close to ready.  I thought you were supposed to help me, we have to go to-"

Jo slammed the door shut to stop Amy's rambling.  

"JO!" Amy screamed from the other side.  

Jo cracked the door open, "I'll be out in ten minutes, promise."  After a quick moments Jo rushed out the door and ran down the stairs, meeting Amy and succumbing to her day of torture (wedding preparations)

------

Later that day Jo and Amy returned to the house in London after a long day of looking at flowers, plates, and other things Jo couldn't care about.  

"You see, blue is a better color but it didn't match," Amy explained to Jo, who was uninterested but pretending to engage. Laurie, sitting on the coach, looks up over his book to see how the conversation continues.  

"You know what, why don't you go think about it.  I heard that the best way to make a decision like that is to sit for 10 whole minutes and decide then instead of thinking about it for many days," Jo sincerely proposed to Amy.  Amy shrugged and went upstairs, eager to try her theory.  

Jo falls back onto the couch in exhaustion.

"Exciting day huh?" Laurie teases.  

"Exhilarating," Jo jokes.  

Laurie laughs, "She can be a bit much sometimes."

Jo just shakes her head and leans over to look over Laurie's shoulder.  "Whatcha reading?"

He jerks his book back away from her gaze, "can't tell you, until you tell me what you've been writing.  

Jo pulls away and leans over the arm of the couch, "well, to be completely frank, nothing as of recently." 

"really?" Laurie asks, "that doesn't sound like you."

"Well, I don't know...I just...well, I'm stuck, in a way.  I'm not sure I have anything worthy to write about," she says.

"Nonsense Jo."

"Maybe It's all great and poetic, but maybe's it's not you know."

"Jo", Laurie grabs her hand, causing Jo to panic a bit.  "Listen to me, you're brilliant.  Whatever you do, it'll be brilliant." He holds her gaze for a few moments.  She stares back until she realizes it's been too long, looking away.  "Tomorrow!  Let's go somewhere, you and I.  For inspiration."

"Alright," says Jo, "As long as it's not a place to choose flowers."

"Never," he teases.  He get's up leaving Jo alone in the sitting room.  Leaving her to realize tomorrow she would be going somewhere with Laurie, alone.