Chapter 4

Alex woke up to sunlight streaming through her blinds.

Her heart warmed when she saw Kaiden curled up beside her, still fast asleep.

"Kaiden," she said softly, stroking his face lightly. "Kaaaiiiiiideeeennn."

Alex smiled when she saw Kaiden blinking sleepily. "Wake up," she said.

He sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes, running a hand through his sleep-tousled hair. "Yeah?"

"Someone likes their beauty sleep," Alex murmured, amused. Louder, she said, "So, what do you want to do today?"

"Hmm." Kaiden was thinking. Suddenly his eyes lit up. "How about we visit Freya?"

"Freya?" Alex screeched, bolting upright. "No. No. Absolutely not. Stars, all the things over there that are different from here - you're going to draw so much attention to yourself!"

Kaiden just looked amused. "What?" she demanded.

"'Stars'?" Kaiden questioned. "You've been spending too much time in Meya."

Alex sighed. "You know what I mean, Kaiden." At his look, she corrected herself, "Okay, you probably don't know what I mean, but -" Alex broke off, running an agitated hand through her bed hair. "Fine. I'll take you."

"Just me?" Kaiden said mischievously. 

Alex's eyes widened. "You want me to take Jordan, Bear and Dix too?" she cried.

"And Declan," Kaiden added unhelpfully.

"I must be mad to even consider this," Alex grumbled. "Fine, fine, fine, fine. Argh, FINE! Okay, get packing. I'll call Bear on my ComTCD and tell him to let everyone know." Alex narrowed her eyes at Kaiden. "I don't like you very much."

Kaiden grinned. "Liar."

Alex rolled her eyes, giving in. She kissed Kaiden before stomping away to the bathroom to get ready for what was sure to be a difficult day.

---

"Okay. Our list is done, guys," Alex said to the rest of the group. "So, Dix wants to go shopping. Jordan wants to eat food. Bear wants to watch sport. Kaiden wants to go sightseeing. And Dec..." Alex trailed off with an exaggerated sigh. "Declan wants to ride a bike, go sailing, and drive a car." She turned to the hulk of a boy. "Dec, you need a licence to drive a car. We'll have to change that to ride in a car."

Alex looked from Jordan to D.C. to Bear to Declan and finally to Kaiden. "I think I'm going to regret this," she announced, before summoning a doorway in the middle of the Library's foyer and dragging her friends through to her Freyan home at Cannon Beach.