o5. tests of light..

Teor, unlike Zor, wasn't even considered a proper planet in this system. From hostile environment with glacial temperatures to the many icy creatures it held, it was still tiny enough to be a simple moon as well, were it to be captured in the gravity of a bigger planet.

But despite that freezing weather, the planet held a certain beauty that frankly, Lorna hasn't ever witnessed before. Even from the atmosphere of the planet, as the temperature started dropping, her eyes glowed in excitement.

"There's so much snow...," she muttered, with eyes wide open, taking in the light. She dragged her feet through the snow once they were on the ground. They had to travel on foot to search for the exact coordinates they extracted of the quarantine zone the Empire made.

Lorna watched how her feet sunk into the fluffy layer of white and giggled, despite that wetness sticking to her pants. Luke was no fan of snow, unfortunately, due to bad experience with it, so instead, he kept himself serious, trying to read the radar they were supposed to follow.

"They call it snow right?" Lorna struggled on the background to get out of the very deep batch of snow and back on track to walk behind Luke. "You don't talk much...," she noted once she realized she may have sunk a bit lower than she initially expected.

Snow was swallowing her faster than quick sand at this point and she sincerely couldn't bring herself to panic yet because there was a certain freshness to this cold that she adored. Luke was a bit more cynical for he has been accustomed to cold planets and he was aware they weren't as kind as they seemed.

So obviously, though it seemed he wasn't paying attention to Lorna at all until then, he mindfully chose to take his lightsaber, ignite it and hit the snow, melting down enough to be able to extend his hand and help the redhead stand again. Only once she took his hand and got up, Luke switched off the saber.

"You're supposed to keep your energy and avoid getting too cold here. You never know when a snow storm might start and your own warmth is all you have," Luke explained. It was beyond obvious for Lorna that he has experienced the hardships of a frozen planet before, but she didn't pester him on the subject.

Instead, they walked together in a bit of a silence. It didn't really take that long to find the entrance to a base built in a snow dune, which proved to be a rock solid hill. But the beauty of snow is that, since the door wad white, you couldn't tell it was there unless you happened to come close enough.

"The security cameras are not working," Lorna noticed. Because of that small detail, she decided to pull her blaster and take aim at the control panel of the door to open it.

Before she could shoot, Luke placed his hand over the barrel and pushed it down, "No need to be violent and loud. We have the element of surprise, which we should make use of as much as we can."

Lorna placed the blaster back in its holder with a sigh. "So you'll Force open the door? As if that's a good plan..."

"I can withstand their fire power, if there's any. You just stay behind me for now."

The redhead was obviously doubtful, but the sense of purpose she sought by accepting to learn the way of the Jedi by his side made Lorna comply, thankfully. Luke was just beginning to realize then, that though he was quick to take the mantle of teacher and he has been preparing to do so for years now... He chose one hell of a challenge.

Only a few days have passed and he was already aware Lorna was not going to be easy to teach. She had a past of refusing temptations of the Dark Side and developed a hard exterior of fear and short temper.

I like challanges, Luke immediately thought, aiming to explain to himself everything in that moment, before he closed his eyes briefly. Though hand movement helped harness and center the Force easier, from his years of trianing, he found he has reached a stage when they weren't always necessary.