o3. massacre on milza..

WARNING ⚠️ Violence
_________________________________

Milza. The single all-female planet known to the galaxy. It accepts any females from any species, giving them refuge and it is known as a sanctuary forbidden to men. Therefore, it was no shock that when they needed help, they insisted on the assistance of the Republic's best warrior and that the Jedi they send should not be a male.

"Imagine how uncomfortable it would have been for you not to have me already as your apprentice by now," Lorna laughed.

The brisk Coruscant morning was as refreshing as waking up to an urgent solo mission. She hasn't been sent on alone missions and before the situation was explained, she was shocked Luke even agreed to it. Now she knew better: he had no choice but to agree.

Despite not being allowed to go with her, Luke was going to make sure she is boarded in the cruiser ship and that she also takes his lightsaber for the mission.

"You don't have to give me the saber," Lorna sighed, holding it awkwardly after Luke passed it to her.

"I won't be going on any missions before you return and it will serve you well. You cannot complete a mission in the name of the Jedi Order without it, at least until we manage to make you a saber of your own," Luke tried to speak formally, but not because of all the people at the docks that may be watching.

Instead, he was keeping the formal front to try and not get Lorna down. He felt that despite her jokes, she was nervous about her first mission on her own. This was the moment when Luke needed to push his worries and concerns aside and trust in his apprentice. "Just take care of-"

"Yeah, yeah," Lorna interrupted him, putting his lightsaber at her belt. "I won't damage your saber stick, don't worry."

Luke rolled his eyes, coming a bit closer. "I was going to say, take care of yourself. Unless you didn't know, I can fix a lightsaber, but you..."

Lorna took a step closer too, "I'll be fine." She stared at him a bit longer than usual, taking in the details of his face. Then she winked. "See you in a bit, Master."

"In a bit, Lorna," Luke nodded. However, once she turned around to the cruiser she was supposed to get to the destination with, he gulped a bitter taste. "I hope my lightsaber will be of use to her."

Luckily for her, apart from staying in the cockpit to make sure everything was functional, Leia gave her a ship that had a brilliant autopilot mode which even covered the landing part that always tricked Lorna into misfortunes. She had little to no information though about why Milza needed help.

This sanctuary was very reserved and it kept to itself when it came to inner politics. That's why, even through the Empire's rule, it did not falter and it endured in its unknown territorial leadership.

Perhaps, Lorna thought, the fact that we don't know why they need a Jedi is the reason behind Luke being so obviously concerned. It's amusing how he thinks I cannot tell the difference between his usual self and how constipated he looked today trying to hide his emotions.

That Bridge between them certainly came in handy to know that she'll see through any lies and not end up feeling betrayed. Though Lorna was aware not all species and planets took lying as punishable by death, and she couldn't judge them for that, that act of dishonesty managed to always hurt her deeply still.

The thought of customs, made her think back to Vonath and ultimately, at the confirmed alliance her alive uncle had with the Empire. Leia told her to stand down and she was starting to doubt it had been a good idea to let them go.