o4. calculated bet..

"I've been wanting to kick your ass all week."

Seeing as Lorna wouldn't be able to get a lightsaber any time soon and after another month, she has, more or less, went through all the practical lightsaber fight forms, Luke has changed their combat training to a more physical type, reducing its frequency to just once a week.

"I sense a complimemt in there," Lorna cracked her knuckles. Flexibility and freedom of movement were key for both of them in this training session so the baggy heavy robes were replaced by thin and body-fit garments.

Since Jedi were pacifists at their core and Luke was still teaching Lorna control, the aim of their contact fights was to tame impulses and attempt putting the other on the ground as quickly as possible with as few moves as it gets. Though new to Luke too, physical strength and stamina has proved to help him conquer this training method.

While Lorna... well, let's just say she was getting used to hitting the ground and that wasn't good. Luke planned on finding out why exactly she hasn't been giving her all in learning this though.

"There is no compliment, Lorna," he rolled his shoulders back and relaxed his stance into a proper fight one. "Not until you beat me at least once, that is."

"You know, that's wildly unfair that I need to fight you from all people," she approached him cautiously. The training chamber, nothing but an enourmous hall had circular patterns on the ground. Though magnificent, they were using those patterns as a perimeter barrier. If they fight should be won, it should be won only inside the circle.

"I mean," she tilted her head. "You're the greatest Jedi... Aren't the odds basically never in my favor?"

"I'm the only Jedi, Lorna," he rolled his eyes at her excuse. "Who would you prefer fighting? Your shadow perhaps?"

"I feel I'd have higher chances of beating my shadow rather than beating you," she complained so quietly. And the best thing about everything she said it was that it was not a lie to her knowledge. Lorna may have exaggerated the truth so she could see that exasperated smile on Luke's lips, but for all she cared, she truly didn't see herself as able to take him down.

But neither did she have anything to lose in trying. Apart from bruises and a closeness that was merely a reward for her, there was no actual danger in this fighting sessions because she trusted Luke's control more than her own.

For very obvious reasons.

"You need to do better than that," Luke suddenly grinned, once the both took their starting stances. "I am the one who's been training you and I know what you're capable of. So start taking this seriously."

There it was, that glimpse at his ordering tone, the brief return to the seriousness that was involved along the Jedi business. Their fighting style, though calling for resilience and muscle power Lorna has been separately training, was also about the flow of the movement.

It replaced direct punches and barbaric violence with centered hits of the side of the palm, silent pushes and using your opponents strength against them.

Lorna's strength, unexpectedly, was that she was shorter than him and therefore, a bit faster. Luke found a way to use that against her by diversion. So when he started their session officially, he side stepped to the right and slid down. His left foot kicked her ankles.

At least this time, she put in some effort to spot the attack and jump over it. Luke's strength was that he had more raw force than her and in a direcr intercation, Lorna knew she'd easily be overpowered. The way she'd use that against him was only to take his hits and deviate them in place she plans.