𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 - 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍

✥ ⊱ ────── ♔ ────── ⊰ ✥┊       ┊      ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊       ┊      ┊    ✫   ˚✩┊       ┊      ✫┊       ┊       ┊ ⊹     ☪︎⋆                         ✯ ⋆  ˚✩

────── ──────

             ✫   ˚

     ☪︎

˚

"SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YOU princess, but calling yourself a vegan because you don't believe in hurting animals and then killing 240 men is just stupid," chuuya scowled down at kita's tofu burrito, utterly repulsed by its contents.

"wrong! take any cow that you want and it'll still be a thousand times better than any person i've killed. the human race is corrupted beyond saving, chuu." she said, booping his nose.

in an attempt to vanquish the pink tint threatening to color his cheeks, he scoffed.

"you're psychotic."

"that's true!" kita smirked with a twinkling in her eyes.

chuuya angrily chomped down on his spinach leaves, muttering something about how weird she was. he liked to believe that he was a macho man, the type who ate his steak with only a single leaf adorned on top, but the man never failed to come to their lunch meet-ups with a fully decked out salad. out of thoughtfulness for kita, she'd never know.

kita's gaze drifted from her tofu burrito to a boy strolling past their table. bandages wrapped all the way up his arms like vines, and shaggy brown hair fell over his eyes. one eye was covered in white gauze, and a coat he didn't wear properly was draped over his shoulders, catching in the wind as he walked.  he gave off a pressurizing air that you couldn't miss, and yet she didn't recognize him. could he be new?

"don't tell me that annoying prick caught your eye," chuuya grumbled, following her gaze.

"you know him? why haven't i ever seen him before?"

"that idiot follows the boss like a dog. it's pitiful," he spat, casting glares at the mystery man. "you're better off staying away from him."

kita wasn't sure why the red-head disliked him. when the boy walked, she could feel it... like he was untamed. dangerous. and not a follower. she couldn't help casting curious glances at the bandaged boy until he turned around, dark brown eyes meeting with her own.

"oh god," she said through her teeth, sending him a small smile instead of looking away. she wouldn't be found acting all shy and embarrassed now that he had caught her in the act of staring. "he saw me. no way, is he smirking right now?"

chuuya was too busy sending venomous daggers at the teasing boy to hear her, when kita realized he hadn't directed the smirk at her at all. his attention was fully centered on chuuya, and chuuya alone. they seemed to have some kind of rivalry she hadn't been let in on, and now she just felt like a third wheel.