𝖉𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖉𝖎𝖑 - 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌

✥ ⊱ ────── ♔ ────── ⊰ ✥┊       ┊      ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊       ┊      ┊    ✫   ˚✩┊       ┊      ✫┊       ┊       ┊ ⊹     ☪︎⋆                         ✯ ⋆  ˚✩

────── ──────

             ✫   ˚

     ☪︎

˚

"COME IN."

it nearly took all of kita's might to push open the monstrous gothic-styled doors of the boss' office again. this would be the third time mori had called her in this week, and although it was a bore, she had unfortunately offered herself up to the port mafia.

daylight emanated from a long wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, brightening up the dark space and shining on the royal maroon carpet. ahead of her sat the boss, in all of his dignity and glory. elise wasn't anywhere to be seen this time.

"you called?" kita began, standing tall when she spoke.

as uninteresting as mori was, he knew her well. in the port mafia, she was either a woman others revered and feared, or seen as a monster to be killed, with the exception of the few who saw her as the purest goddess of judgment. she couldn't say any of these definitions were wrong. after all, kita had no intention of blending in with delinquents.

"you did well on your last job. but of course, you know that i can't have you rest and let that eager spirit rot away."

"i'd expect that, boss. what did you have in mind?" kita asked, twiling a strand of black hair between her fingers.

"this job involves retrieving the marcello family's confidential files. they've attempted hiding a business of money laundering despite our... how should i say this? our 'small' warning example. the easy mission should be a pleasant break for you."

"how thoughtful."

the sudden sound of tall double doors parting open echoed throughout the room. kita felt the presence of someone else coming in, stopping only when they were right next to her.

"hey, boss."

"nice to see you dazai," mori greeted the boy who stood there, looking bored.

dazai is here, kita thought. she attempted to hide her scowl, but the nauseous feeling growing inside of her stomach refused to hideaway with it. why did she suddenly feel intrusive butterflies, when not even meeting the port mafia boss stirred nerves within her?