𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖈𝖚𝖘 - 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉'𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊

✥ ⊱ ────── ♔ ────── ⊰ ✥┊       ┊      ┊   ┊    ┊       ┊       ┊      ┊ ✫   ˚✩┊       ┊      ✫┊       ┊      ┊ ⊹     ☪︎⋆✯ ⋆ ˚✩

────── ──────

˚

☪︎

˚

HER PARENTS WERE lifeless in the center of the room, crimson pooling around them and staining the floor where they laid. the girl's hands began to tremble, and then she was running towards them.

"mom! dad!"

she collapsed to her knees, tears flowing down her face. despite the blood splattered across their clothing, she grabbed their shoulders and shook them in naive desperation. she cried out their names until she couldn't hear herself anymore, until her throat burned and her voice croaked, pleading for something, anything to save them.

"mom," she sobbed. she clenched her fingers tighter around her mother's limp hand. "please, please mom-"

no matter how violently the girl shook her parents, she couldn't wake them. they were gone, far beyond where she could follow. with a grief-stricken cry, the girl shoved the corpses away from her. they toppled onto their backs, revealing bloodied faces-

-and an all-consuming black hole where their eyes should have been. she scrambled backward, nausea building in her throat. horror gauged a chunk out of the girl and sucked the life out of her as she tried to look away, but the sight of her family's eye sockets so lonely and hollow held her captive.

suddenly, she felt very filthy in blood-drenched clothing that clung incessantly to her body. the warm puddle beneath her seemingly swelled forever, didn't stop even after the seven-year-old was choking and drowning in the thick crimson liquid.

she was bathed in blood.

in the next moment, she was being pulled back by armed men in black, with a grip feeling like it would break her bones. she screamed and cried as they stole her away, struggling against their grasp and reaching out for her parents who's fleeting spirit had long disappeared.

-

the girl jerked against her restraints, even as cuffs locked too tightly around her frail wrists shredded her skin into a raw, bleeding mess. every bit of resistance she mustered only made the cuts deeper.

"hey! look at me," one of her abductors yelled, slamming a fist into a glass screen that served to separate one another from the monster. she flinched away.

"you want us to scoop out your pretty eyes like we did to your parents?! you wanna end up like them?!"

despite the clear rage and danger in the man's voice, the girl refused to look up. when she didn't comply, someone growled and in a flash, a rough hand had grabbed her jaw and cruelly forced her to face up.