001

y/n pov

i got out of the car and immediately ran up to greg. i wrapped my arms around him with a giggle, he spun us around and i groaned. when greg put me down he smiled and looked me up and down. his eyes got wide and he blushed. i noticed he had gotten a lot taller. as well as much more handsome. "dude you're like.. tall now what the hell!" he laughed, "you're still short." i rolled my eyes, "you're still rude!" i smiled and did a spin "i'm super tan and and, and, still single." we laughed and he nudged me "same bro." greg helped my bags inside and ran up to my room. we sat down on my bed and talked for houra about how much summer camp sucked. after a while he seemed bored, so i smacked him in the face with a pillow, knocking him back.

he slinked over and grabbed another, we had a full on brawl with pillows for about five minutes before i stopped and noticed a tall figure in the door. it was rodrick. oh sweet jesus what did he see, all of it? suddenly i was snapped into reality when greg got me one last time, right in the face, this knocked me straight on my ass. "oh shit.. my nose" i saw blood dripping and ran into the bathroom, greg laughed. "greggy you almost destroy your girlfriends pretty face and laugh? messed up dude." rodrick laughed and my stomach filled with butterflies. i came out smiling, "all good! greg just hit me a little too hard" i glared at greg when i realized they were staring at me. i looked down at my shirt "oh shit damnit!" i rolled my eyes and went to my dresser, grabbing a familiar band tee.

i was sitting around with greg and rowly when suddenly, psycho holly pushed me into the pool. everyone laughed as i pulled myself out, immediately running to the front yard. this was my first party and it was awful. it was around 11 at night and i was freezing. i walked down the street taking the long way to my house. when i got to a red light, a van pulled up with spray painted letters on the side. the all too familiar van made me freeze in my tracks, rodrick could not see me like this. my jean shorts and black tank top were soaked. i was freezing and he rolled the window down. "y/n? that you?" i looked up, embarrassed, "h..hey! rodrick.." "dude what happened?" "oh uh.. this? holly pushed me in the pool and i ditched.." 

"get in, i was on my way to get you losers anyways." "i'm soaked?" he shrugged. "here you can have my shirt. i want it back though." i got in and took my shirt off, he covered his eyes and i slid his on. it smelled so good. then i slid my shorts off and put them on the ground. the shirt was midway down my thighs so i was fine. i buckled in and smiled at him. "you're lucky you're like a sister to me." a sister? how fucking amazing. i sighed and we got to the house. i sunk down and rowley came out, greg following closely behind. they got in and greg put a hand on my shoulder, "y/n are you okay?" i looked back at them "eat a dick, both of you." rodrick laughed and we sped off. when i got home i went to my room and slept in the shirt. it was my new favorite. it was absolutely worth it now.

"rodrick, out." he raised his hands and pulled the door shut. greg sat on my bed. he's seen me change before, in a bra obviously but i wasn't worried about it. he was like a brother to me. i took my top off and looked in the mirror as i slid rodricks shirt over my new body. i saw greg staring at me. i turned around and bent down, grabbing the pillow. he was in heavy thought until i threw the pillow at his face "earth to greg!" we laughed and and wiped his mouth. "wow where were you? boob world?" i laughed and opened the door, rodrick was leaning against the wall and i smiled "is that my shirt?" my eyes went wide and before i could speak he did, "looks good on you, better than it did last summer." he laughed and walked down stairs. i turned to see greg behind me. "isnt that the shirt he gave you when holly pushed you in the pool?" i nodded "speak of it again and i will bury you alive" i smiled and he laughed nervously.

we went down and sat on my couch, aimlessly flipping through channels when rodrick hopped over the couch and got between me and greg. he put one arm around me and his other around greg. "ah and how are my favorite single ladies doing" i giggled and greg looked at me with the 'tell him you're in love with him look' and i shook my head and kissed my teeth. rodrick leaned back pulling us with him but greg pulled away, i on the other hand took the opportunity and moved with him. he re-positioned himself and moved his hand down to my arm and rubbed it gently. i was at a loss for words, did he know how this made me feel?

rodricks pov

as i repositioned i realized y/n hadn't moved. i knew she liked me but damn she really didn't move? her summer glow up was pretty distinct. she looked more mature. i started rubbing her arm and pulled her a little closer. i felt her body temperature rise and then heard the door open. i hopped up and sat on a chair. i saw her face and it looked like she had seen a ghost. "y/n honey we're gonna go out to lunch. susan, frank and i. you stay here with rodrick and greg. we're gonna take manny with us." i turned around and smiled "okay mommy! bring me home some fries!" she nodded and they walked back out. "you're how old and you still call your mother, mommy?" greg teased me. "oh shut up dude. i will fucking castrate you." rodrick laughed and greg smiled nervously.

"guess that means i'm in charge doesnt it?" rodrick smirked at us. "i suppose it does. we're gonna go to my room." i smiled and grabbed greg's hand pulling him up the steps "door stays open dipshits!" he yelled as i slammed the door and locked it. we laughed and greg sat at my vanity, i stood behind him. "so what'll it be today? the regular?" he nodded and smiled. i clicked shuffle on my apple music and a band i listened to regularly started playing. i hummed along to the music as i fucked with his hair. braiding it, brushing it, and then curling it. he knew i loved playing with his hair. since i was an only child, it was lonely and he always tried to make me happy. i was so lucky. 

after finishing the curls, he smiled in the mirror and i giggled, "you look extravagant sir." he smiled "okay my turn." he got up and sat me in the chair. "so what would you like done today ma'am?" i shrugged. "maybe some curls?" he nodded and got to work. after 10 years of doing my hair, he got pretty good with the tools. he made the most gorgeous beachy bouncy waves and i smiled. "thank you for your extremely well done work sir." then a slow song came on and we both laughed "care to dance?" i nodded and we began dancing. it was around 7 the sun was setting, we laughed and slow danced.

he then dipped me down and began leaning in. for some reason i felt compelled to do it too, and for a split second i thought i might actually want to kiss greg. this was, until i realized i was sharing my first kiss with greg heffley. i felt him completely let go of me and i dropped to the ground. i stared up at him, our eyes wide. "y/n i-" rodrick began banging on the door. greg opened the door and i sat up, then stood up still feeling dazed. rodrick looked over at me and greg stared, their eyes full of concern. "the fuck did you do to her greg?" i looked up at rodrick, he could never ever know about that. he would make fun of me for the rest of my life! "he burned my ear with the curling iron." i spat. "you guys are fucking gay as hell." he walked out with an eyeroll, closing the door behind him. i sat on my bed and greg sat beside me. "y/n." i looked at him, "yeah?" "are you okay? i don't know why i-" i put my hand over his mouth, "shut the fuck up. nobody will ever find out about that. especially rodrick. are we clear?" he slowly nodded and i removed my hand. "wanna invite rowly over?" he nodded and left the room to call the boy. i sat on my bed in the same dazed state.