012

y/n pov

my body was filling with anxiety by the second. there were so many people, so many goddamn people. one of them being rodrick, one of them being his new slut. i pushed away the thoughts and walked towards the center of the large stage. after a brief introduction, i began. my eyes darted around. i found greg in the audience and smiled, my face was pink. my eyes then wandered to another familiar set of brown eyes, rodrick.

i finished up shortly after. i put the mic back and smiled while everyone cheered. when i stepped down greg ran up to me and hugged me. "you did so wonderful." i pulled away and saw my mom. she smiled and hugged me "amazing honey. we are so proud of you" i walked with greg to the back of the group of people while other people preformed. "greg you are the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me and i'm so glad to have you in my life." i saw rodrick walking towards us and i whispered to greg "greg kiss me" "what?" i grabbed his face and kissed him, he put his arms around me and we just melted into eachother. when i pulled away, i saw rodricks face go completely pale and his jaw had dropped. "just.. uh- thank you for being such a good person to me and always sticking by my side no matter what." he smiled nervously and we hugged. rodricks new girlfriend walked up and pecked him on the cheek. he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the stage. his band was up next.

"hello everyone! i'm rodrick heffley and this is loaded diaper. this dedicated to a very special lady." he pulled his girlfriend into a kiss and i sighed. fuck. "hit it boys" the girl sang and they played the their stupid song. when they finished everyone cheered and i stood with greg. "what's her stupid name anyways?" i looked at him. "oh uh, i-uh-i think melanie?" i laughed "she looks like she's like 23" "oh that's because she's 22." my jaw dropped, "wait really?" he nodded. "i'm gonna break her fucking face again." we laughed and they finished. the crowd wasn't as loud as it was for me. "oh be right back!" greg ran on the stage. what's he doing?

"hi everyone! just a quick announcement before i start, i think that y/n y/ln is the most gorgeous girl to ever walk the face of this earth and she deserves much better than what her last boyfriend had to offer." my face went blood red. "so anyways, i just wanted to say she's the best thing that's ever happened to me and rodrick you really screwed up." he nodded and music started playing. he sang the song and when he finished i was crying. i literally went through the five stages of grief in that short moment, i was utterly astounded. i stood against the wall in the back and was completely shocked. why did he do that? he's seriously sweet.

"last thing before i go, rodrick i think you should try to fix things with y/n. what you did was stupid but she never stops talking about you. if you tried, i'm sure she'd give you another chance. uh- thank you everyone." he walked off stage and i ran out of the event. i kept running until i got to the diner i worked at. i ordered some fries and a milkshake and texted mom. 'hey mom i needed some air so i went to my job to get dinner. i'll meet you home.' the run felt like forever. i sat my phone down and put earbuds in. my fries came out and i ate them slowly with my chocolate milk shake. i was scrolling through social media when i saw rodricks post. 

my heart broke into a trillion pieces. i got some photos from my mom of me and posted them with the caption 'good day w a good person.' the second picture was of me and greg. i smiled and posted it. i looked up and saw rodrick and his band walk in with melanie. his arm was around her and i looked back into my phone. i felt the table move and looked up. rodrick was across from me and i pulled my earbuds out. "hey y/n." i rolled my eyes "what do you want." this was our first time speaking since we broke up. "i just wanted to say i'm sorry for everything that happened. i know your song was about me." i reached for another fry and he looked at my hand then back up to my face. "you didn't deserve that and i shouldn't have done it. it was a one time thing and afterwards i only dated her to make you jealous." i scoffed and rolled my eyes

"rodrick, dearest rodrick. you really fucked up. see the difference between us is i don't do shit to make you jealous. i do things to rub it in that you lost me. yes my song was about you, who the fuck else. rodrick heffley i was prepared to spend my life with you. i was in love with you for fucks sake! you destroyed my self worth and just like greg said, he was there to pick up the fucking pieces." 

i looked over and saw his whole group staring. "oh and princess fucking melanie" i stood up. "you took my boyfriend, took my life, my heart, my fucking look too, but just remember, you're twenty two and got your face busted by a mother fucking minor. screw you, screw your boyfriend, and screw anyone who supports your bullshit relationship." i put a twenty on my table and walked outside and started down the street. i put my earbuds in and cried as i walked. then a van pulled up next to me. rodricks van.

"y/n get in" i looked at him "are you fucking nuts?" i laughed and kept walking. "y/n seriously get in." i stopped "why would i do that?" "because i know you love me. and you're gonna make the right choice. melanie isnt in here, just the guys." suddenly rain drops fell and i looked up. "fine whatever." i got in the back and sat on the floor beside ethan and scott. i was silent and as we turned i bumped ethan. "sorry ethan." he laughed "you're all good little lady" i crossed my arms and another sharp turn bumped us again. he laughed even more and i punched him in the arm and smiled. "shut up asshole."